Alexander Isak

Disco

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

Not really. Maybe you just lack the ability to conceede you were wrong in some instances where you are?

I literally said let's just agree to disagree, and you then insisted it was me who was wrong because you'd watched it with your own eyes. :lol:

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I literally said let's just agree to disagree, and you then insisted it was me who was wrong because you'd watched it with your own eyes. :lol:

And you are objectively wrong with your assessment. Nothing to "agree to disagree" about. You're just wrong.

45 minutes ago, Conjo said:

And you are objectively wrong with your assessment. Nothing to "agree to disagree" about. You're just wrong.

That's subjective not objective.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Is this the Football Insider article stating that Arsenal have him on a shortlist?

They said we are in race for Tony 😊

He said anything can happen? Hardly handing in a transfer request.

A player basically saying who knows what will happen in the future is fairly standard in media responses. He’d look fairly stupid if he said no way and then we sold him.

Has he ever been fully fit since he’s been here? Imagine having him available for 90% of the games we play in a season. 

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Losing Isak and gaining Toney would be utterly shit. Not that I’m expecting either of those things to happen 

Well it wouldn't...ideally it would be great to have both, but if we can move Isak on, gain Toney for less than Isak goes for it improves us. Purely from the standpoint that isak does seem to be injury prone and can't be relied on to be fit for the next game no matter what. As good as he is he won't be seen as the real article till he can spend the majority of the season available and doesn't miss 4 games for every 3 he plays

Just now, gjohnson said:

Well it wouldn't...ideally it would be great to have both, but if we can move Isak on, gain Toney for less than Isak goes for it improves us. Purely from the standpoint that isak does seem to be injury prone and can't be relied on to be fit for the next game no matter what. As good as he is he won't be seen as the real article till he can spend the majority of the season available and doesn't miss 4 games for every 3 he plays

Completely disagree, Isak offers more to the overall side and is still developing. He’s 24 and will have huge financial value for 5 more years at least. Toney is a great striker but he’s English and an international so would cost extra simply because of that. He’s 28 so doesn’t have longer term financial value. I would rate Isak higher on most elements apart from fitness 

40 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Toney seems to hate us so I doubt that’s a possibility. 

Yeah my point was can't believe anything on that site 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Toney seems to hate us so I doubt that’s a possibility. 

Ideal scenario is for him to gan to arsenal for something stupid and we get a big sell on fee, and we keep isak 

43 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Ideal scenario is for him to gan to arsenal for something stupid and we get a big sell on fee, and we keep isak 

Ideal scenario is he’s sold to another league. You should never sell your best players to teams you are competing against.

I'll be sick as a dog if wor Alex leaves, easily my favourite player since Cabaye.

As others have said, nothing in his interview is out of the ordinary. Fully expect him to stay and help us push for Europe again next year. 

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Ideal scenario is he’s sold to another league. You should never sell your best players to teams you are competing against.

Think he means Toney > Arsenal

Just now, CallumG6 said:

I'll be sick as a dog if wor Alex leaves, easily my favourite player since Cabaye.

As others have said, nothing in his interview is out of the ordinary. Fully expect him to stay and help us push for Europe again next year. 

Expect Isak and Bruno to be here next season and the one after at least unless something disastrous happens with our plan. I never worry about these things now with these owners. Trust the process.