Alexander Isak

Disco

9 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Playing devil's advocate, an offer comes in for 150m and Benzema comes on a season long loan, what do you do?

Benzema is what, 35? Nee chance I'd take him, not even on a free.

37 this year. Nope.

Edited by The Butcher

24 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Reports in the Swedish press about Arsenal and Spurs preparing +£100 million bids for the summer. 

Spurs?! [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Would be devasted to lose him, but we're not going to regularly completing with Arse or even Spurs any time soon, so wouldn't blame him.

We're not going to be regularly competing with Spurs anytime soon?! Why?!

Just now, KaKa said:

Big If but if Levy is willing to spend then we can’t compete with them. They have a lot of FFP margin and make a lot more than us. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They must have some of the highest commercial revenue in the PL with that new stadium? If that's the case they'll be less hampered by FFP than we are i guess.

It'll take a few years for us turn that around

Edited by Holmesy

We will be right there with Spurs. FFP or not. We all know how Levy moves by now, from decades of evidence, and Spurs have been spending money by the way.

We are not going to hand over Isak to any of these clubs unless crazy money is put on the table i.e. £150 million and up. None of them will pay that.

Edited by KaKa

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Financial Fair Play, Fair Market Value, their vastly superior income and stadium, Champions League coefficient payments, and the London pull factor.

6 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Financial Fair Play, Fair Market Value, their vastly superior income and stadium, Champions League coefficient payments, and the London pull factor.

Oh God ...

We'll see fella. We'll see.

1 hour ago, mondonewc said:

No offence intended and maybe you didn't mean literally, but it's truly absurd to me that some people really actually think we can't win games without Bruno, based on a completely meaningless sample of games. 

None taken but you're gonna have to show me why it's objectively and observedly untrue.

I can only go by the sample of matches that he's been missing for, right? 

Spurs [emoji38] I don't think he will leave this summer but if he does he certainly won't be going to Spurs . He will only leave us for one of the elite clubs he has a good chance of winning something at. If we struggle again next season and Arsenal come in for him and pay 100 million plus he will likely be off .

Edited by Geogaddi

1 hour ago, clintdempsey said:

Reports in the Swedish press about Arsenal and Spurs preparing +£100 million bids for the summer. 

Quoting The Sun though, aren't they? 

No Premier League club has a chance IMO.

Only one that will pay is Man City and they have strikers already.

If he ends up leaving in a few summers, because I don't think there is a chance it will be this one coming, it will be a Barca or PSG.

Arsenal might try and throw in Ramsdale? He'd surely be closer to £120m. Insane money and more would be required. Not that I want him to go.

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Quoting The Sun though, aren't they? 

In Aftonbladet they certainly do now at least. Wasn’t a quote when I saw it. Also it feels like their PL correspondent (Frida Fagerlund) really, really wants all Swedish players in London for some reason. She’s been pitching the Isak to Arsenal story non-stop during the winter. 

29 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

None taken but you're gonna have to show me why it's objectively and observedly untrue.

I can only go by the sample of matches that he's been missing for, right? 

I wouldn't make the judgement solely by the sample of matches he's missed when the sample is so small, for example, surely you wouldn't make such a statement if he'd only missed one game right? 

This season he's only missed Bournemouth away which we lost 2-0, he was admittedly a huge miss and we were poor that day. 

Six games last season, two against Liverpool, hardly a shock us losing to them, then Wolves and Bournemouth away and West Ham and Palace home, all four finished draws. There's just a huge amount of variance in such a small sample of games, but speaking more literally I genuinely don't understand the statement, is the suggestion that if Bruno wasn't in the team we'd get relegated, or we are bottom 6 team, suggesting we can't win without him basically implies that, but surely nobody actually thinks this? Yet I keep reading this statement that we supposedly can't win if he doesn't play? 

Stats can be useful at times, they can also be complete nonsense, it's very frequent that stats are manipulated to push a certain narrative that often has very little to zero credibility. For example, commentator in Leicester game yesterday "Leicester haven't won a home game from behind since December" or something of that ilk, ok sure, but how many times where they even in that spot? It's completely pointless statement regardless without providing that piece of information, I haven't looked so no idea but wouldn't be shocked to find out it was zero times, and this happens a lot to push a negative agenda with no basis.

Edited by mondonewc

51 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

If Spurs qualify for the Champions League then joining them will be seen as a step up, even if only a small one.

Yeah we could get 150m for him but any player even on that level would cost the same. They don’t grow on trees and that 63 million is proving to be a snip in todays market.

His age will see his value keep too so no rush to do anything there.

But the idea of any income being tripled in terms of FFP is intriguing.. say we brought in 250m for both Bruno and Isak.. does that mean we could potentially spent 600m on the squad over 2/3 windows?