Alexander Isak: Nominated for PL POTY & YPOTY

Disco

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

Think this is jumping the gun a bit. I would argue at the very least Kane is better. And just because he hasn’t hit the same heights as last season, I wouldn’t rule out Haaland just yet either. Possibly a few others would come in to the mix aswell.

I was thinking Kane is probably a better striker ATM (not player mind you)

2 hours ago, andyc35i said:

I actually think he’s the best striker in the world. I have been saying this to everyone around me and they try to debate it and say I’m deluded. I just can’t think of anyone that I’d rather have (even the likes of Mbappe).

He’s on his way to 20 goals in the PL and he’s not been able to run for half the games he played. Imagine him playing for a team challenging for titles, he’d get 40 goals a season no problem - lucky nobody can afford to buy him!

What also happens when you go to a better club is that you get less space in most games. It's just a very different way of playing.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Most medias will ignore this, because they need something to write about that will get them the clicks..

The club should put out a job advert for someone who's entire role will be:

1. To laugh hysterically down the phone at any club who enquires about buying him.

2. To then repeatedly call that club back just to keep laughing hysterically at them.

3 minutes ago, Checko said:

1. To laugh hysterically down the phone at any club who enquires about buying him.

2. To then repeatedly call that club back just to keep laughing hysterically at them.

Great idea!

No need at all for any release clause in a new contact.

Bruno only had 2 years remaining come this summer so signing an extension and compromising on some demands could be expected.

Isak has 4 year come this summer.  Wouldn't even be against a wage increase with no extension, but there's no benefit to us for accepting a release clause in his contract (unless it's one of those mental £1bn one's someone mentioned previously).

Biggest problem we have is when isak is playing with his back to goal, when he's fed it and he's got an angle on the defender they are terrified of him. 

Whether Wilson stays or not, we probably need someone like him for when there is no in behind ball. 

Our biggest failure is probably that we only have the one way of playing, but when it's the right circumstances we can be devastating. 

Next season I think we have to adapt the plan B of target man (hold up play) and more natural width 

49 minutes ago, Checko said:

[emoji38] I'd apply for that job in a heartbeat. 

6 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Arsenal fans on talksport seem to be under the impression they’ll just waltz in and pick him off us no bother. 

Thing is, people who ring up talksport have the brains of mashed potato. 

The hosts are cunts but they are intelligent enough to know if they talk shit people will ring up and rant

1 hour ago, wormy said:

https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_goalgetter/eng-premier-league/elfmeter/newcastle-united/1/

This doesn't include yesterday's but he's storming up our penalty scorers list. I don't feel an ounce of doubt when he steps up; the coolest fucker I can remember.

Not quite at Ameobi's standard, but that's the level he can aspire towards if he's willing to put the work in.

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Not quite at Ameobi's standard, but that's the level he can aspire towards if he's willing to put the work in.

I was shocked at how few Shola actually scored for us when I looked at that list. Suppose I shouldn't have been, really. :lol:

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Had an almost identical conversation with a former colleague.

He thinks they'll sign him for around £75 million.

Can he articulate why he thinks we'll be happy to just take a £12m profit on him?

2 hours ago, wormy said:

https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_goalgetter/eng-premier-league/elfmeter/newcastle-united/1/

This doesn't include yesterday's but he's storming up our penalty scorers list. I don't feel an ounce of doubt when he steps up; the coolest fucker I can remember.

If only Andy cole scored that pen against Coventry at Highfield road, then he could be on the list 

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

mental we haven’t missed a pen since 2020

Assuming penalty shoots out don’t count as we failed miserably v Chelsea 

4 hours ago, Checko said:

The perfect candidate already exists!

Tv Show Lol GIF

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

The perfect candidate already exists!

Tv Show Lol GIF

In fairness we do have Tindall who does seem employed to wind up other teams coaches during matches why not extend that elsewhere