Alexander Isak

Disco

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

None

Agree...given his age and apparent lack of ego, I don't see a better fit for us from the strikers currently ranked better than him (for the record he ranked 8th best in Europe at the minute).

To find someone better would take some serious under the radar scouting

23 goals and half of the season he's spent unfit/injured.

Mental really. Would easily get 35+ if Barnes and Gordon stay fit along a midfield that doesn't have Long staff

12 minutes ago, Ben said:

Coventry have fucked my big payout but I will still get a few quid if Isak keeps scoring 

Screenshot_20240427_191621_Chrome.jpg

Very likely Cov would've made the playoffs without their distracting FA Cup run. Unlucky.

24 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

To be fair, I don't think anyone could have predicted how well he would have done considering his record at Sociedad. Does show that our scouts are capable of looking beyond stats and seeing attributes that will work for us. Yes it looked like we overpaid initially but has shown to be more than justified.

IF he goes, I do have a glimmer of hope we could find someone capable of filling the gap one way or another

He only really had one down season, scored +15 in the previous season iirc. Kaka said they had changed their system for that last season that didn’t suit Isak personally but his xG+xA per 90 were still pretty good even then.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Reminds me of a young Jermaine Beckford. I honestly think he's that good.

TBF that one good Beckford season was great 

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

He only really had one down season, scored +15 in the previous season iirc. Kaka said they had changed their system for that last season that didn’t suit Isak personally but his xG+xA per 90 were still pretty good even then.

Even so at the point we bought him he was no way a £63m player.

Obviously worth a lot more than that now

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

To think we were going for Hugo Ekitike before we signed him.

And then it seemed we were getting Joao Pedro.

Isak is sublime. If he stays and we are Europa conference he will score 30/40 next season