Alexander Isak

Disco

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Was Gordon definitely injured? It's hard to tell from up in Level 7 sometimes, but I thought he was still playing well and was our biggest attacking threat. Also didn't look best pleased about being subbed.

Howe said his hamstring felt tight.

6 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

And Willock.

The whole Willock situation is sad really. I hope we don't rush him back next time. Would suck if he kept getting reoccurences. He has so much potensial, and suits our playstyle really well.

Edited by Erikse

3 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

He went off injured end of October vs. Dortmund and missed an entire month before coming back v. Chelsea.

A player not playing anywhere near his best after missing a month and then immediately playing 5 games in little under 2 weeks isn't a cause for concern for me. Since he came back from injury he's been chucked in at the deep end out of desperation. Now Wilson is back (for now) we'll hopefully rotate between the two again and get them both up to speed.

When both are 100% fit, just knowing there is someone waiting in the wings ready to take their place seems to add some horsepower to their game. It's easy to forget during our current run of games that Isak was very effective at pressing defenders last season.

9 minutes ago, Smal said:

ignore the contents of the bad tweet but Isak definitely looks like someone who is not physically ready to play there. Don't know how/why he was on the pitch. The ref outruns him comfortably. 

Come on man, you're making excuses for him there. Thats nothing to do with fitness but mentality which is more concerning tbh.

Edited by WideopenMag

7 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Come on man, you're making excuses for him there. Thats nothing to do with fitness but mentality which is more concerning tbh.

he has looked slow, unfit and incapable of challenging for anything since he came back from injury. It's everything to do with fitness. 

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

he has looked slow, unfit and incapable of challenging for anything since he came back from injury. It's everything to do with fitness. 

If we have any budget for next month it might be worth taking a punt on a young striker, or bringing back one of the loan strikers. There's barely one fit player between Isak and Wilson atm and Gordon is too valuable in his favoured role to be played out of postion as a stop gap.

5 minutes ago, Smal said:

Massive over statement he hasn't been that bad man, he's not looked as sharp as usual and not 100%. He's more than capable of tracking back in that situation and not looking like he's taking part in a kick about down the park.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

More concerned by Burn coming across to mark a forward who was already marked, with Bruno coming back to support, while their forward has all the time and space in the world to pick his spot, watching that back like. 

Aye, diabolical defending positionally, must have just switched off 

I think we will become more of a possession team as the quality of our players continues to improve but I don’t think Howe’s approach is to stifle the opposition through complete control of the ball like Pep. I think he wants us to move the ball quickly and positively, and terrify the opposition by attacking directly 

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What makes you think we will become a possession based team? 

Not Man City style, but definitely more of a possession based team than we currently are. I just think that's the way Eddie will go, as the technical ability of the team improves.

I'd say with the current squad, the pressing style is our best route to victory. That will likely change. IMO.