Loris Karius: Released (Official)

NWMag

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

But he hasn’t had a lot of football to sort those issues out which is surely what would be needed ?

I'm trying to be positive here :lol:

It's not ideal by any means, but could be fairytale stuff if he has a good game.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, gbandit said:

This is going in our documentary as a major arc in the career recovery of Karius. He’s going to put in a performance in the final for sure 

Clean sheet, penalty save and man of the match meaning Pope doesn’t get his place back and is sold to Notts Forest for £60m in the summer.

21 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nah, I couldn’t handle the game going to pens 

I'm hoping it goes, we get 30 extra minutes of football + pens and Karius will make the save for the title :Jonny2J:

Edited by JNK

Zero I’d imagine. Karius has shown in the past that he has significant more quality than Darlow. We’ve kept him on longer than the January window when we didn’t need to. Karius is going to be desperate to perform too

1 hour ago, LiquidAK said:

It was 4 and a half years ago now that he had his wobble against Madrid. Have to think he's matured as a player and a person, and had plenty of time to sort his issues out. 

Come on lad, make a few cracking saves, lift the cup and you'll be a hero at this club for life.

He was pretty well regarded at the time and his career has tanked since - to being our third (or even 4th? Darlow came back in ahead of him when they were briefly both here and fit). Definitely seems to have had a long term effect. He's obviously got quality there though, would absolutely love him to become a hero.

13 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You couldn’t write it like [emoji38]

Hopefully go down as a club legend.

Sorry but ‘You couldn’t write it’ is a real pet peeve of mine. Always used in situations where you obviously could write it (is there anything you couldn’t?). Particularly glaring in this instance as, if written, it’s a cliche redemption story.

7 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Sorry but ‘You couldn’t write it’ is a real pet peeve of mine. Always used in situations where you obviously could write it (is there anything you couldn’t?). Particularly glaring in this instance as, if written, it’s a cliche redemption story.

Pet peeve away, but no need to be so literal (or literary!). It obviously just means it would come across as implausible in a fictional plot line. And it was a very appropriate way of capturing lots of people’s feelings about yesterday (… and many things NUFC over the years). 

12 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Pet peeve away, but no need to be so literal (or literary!). It obviously just means it would come across as implausible in a fictional plot line. And it was a very appropriate way of capturing lots of people’s feelings about yesterday (… and many things NUFC over the years). 

Thanks for the perspective, I still maintain that you being late for work because the traffic was bad on the coast road is something you absolutely could write. File it next to ‘you couldn’t make it up’. 

Peeve over. 

13 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Football history has its examples of these stories coming good - Nigel Spink in the ‘82 European Cup Final (his second professional game) being probably the most notable.  Hope springs eternal folks

Or Michael Spinks comeback against Mike Tyson….on no, wait ?