Newcastle United vs. Bournemouth: 17/09/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Johnny

16 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Considerably more than there was in the knee jerk responses. I asked a speculative question which I qualified by saying that I didn’t think it would be a good idea. The responses were the thoughtless ones. Like I said, we know nowt about how they will respond and how tolerant they will be of perceived lack of success. It was a reasonable speculative question met with unreasonable responses 

The multiple similar responses should tell you all you need to know man.

20 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Considerably more than there was in the knee jerk responses. I asked a speculative question which I qualified by saying that I didn’t think it would be a good idea. The responses were the thoughtless ones. Like I said, we know nowt about how they will respond and how tolerant they will be of perceived lack of success. It was a reasonable speculative question met with unreasonable responses 

The only way it would have made any sense would be if the performances weren't there, and even then it'd be absurd.

Edited by nemtizz

Just now, Mahoneys Tache said:

What? That the place is crawling with fannies who can’t tell the difference between speculation and opinion? 

Are you just needing attention or something? This is all pretty strange man.

2 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Well that was my point. You have no idea about that. Neither do I or anybody else. 

Eh? I don’t understand what you mean.

There was just no need for the question, just unnecessarily inflammatory as someone else mentioned. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Eh? I don’t understand what you mean.

There was just no need for the question, just unnecessarily inflammatory as someone else mentioned. 

I meant that nobody has any clue about whether it’s devils advocate time or how patient the new owners will be. 
and there seems to be a very low inflammation bar here. 

1 minute ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

I meant that nobody has any clue about whether it’s devils advocate time or how patient the new owners will be. 
and there seems to be a very low inflammation bar here. 

Right ok.

Let’s just move on and enjoy the match. Hopefully Eddie will still be in a job come the final whistle. 

3 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Man, I asked a reasonable question. There’s been one reasonable response. 

Okay, I'll give it a go.

Devils advocate time. I don’t agree with this, but over £200 million spent over two windows,  one win in 6 games. Pochetino unemployed. How long til the owners start to get a twitchy trigger finger?

Over £200 million spent on a team that was not fit for purpose and so the money has only just about brought us back up to having a somewhat respectable squad, while still being short in areas. We were on our way to being relegated last season.

You say 1 win in 6 games. Alternatively I say 1 loss in 6 games. 2 results of which were extremely dodgy. Liverpool game should have been a draw and the Palace game a win. We really should have an additional 4 points and should still be without a loss. All this whilst missing Shelvey, Bruno, ASM and Wilson to varying degrees this season already. All some of our best players.

Performances have been consistently really good, and we've largely been undone by a lack of cutting edge, which has been largely down to the key players that have been injured.

In actuality, I would argue that Howe has continued to work wonders so far this season. Even when not at our strongest we continue to play well and pick up points still, drawing games.

Despite whatever the fans think, the owners have already said this will be a slow build, and although I am sure Howe will be wanting to push for Europe, I doubt the owners have any such demands on him already, especially as the team is still lacking in key areas of the first team, as we weren't able to get the wideman and central midfielder we were after over the summer.

There is absolutely no chance they will be even thinking of changing the manager at all.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Okay, I'll give it a go.

Over £200 million spent on a team that was not fit for purpose and so the money has only just about brought us back up to having a somewhat respectable squad, while still being short in areas. We were on our way to being relegated last season.

You say 1 win in 6 games. Alternatively I say 1 loss in 6 games. 2 results of which were extremely dodgy. Liverpool game should have been a draw and the Palace game a win. We really should have an additional 4 points and should still be without a loss. All this whilst missing Shelvey, Bruno, ASM and Wilson to varying degrees this season already. All some of our best players.

Performances have been consistently really good, and we've largely been undone by a lack of cutting edge, which has been largely down to the key players that have been injured.

In actuality, I would argue that Howe has continued to work wonders so far this season. Even when not at our strongest we continue to play well and pick up points still, drawing games.

Despite whatever the fans think, the owners have already said this will be a slow build, and although I am sure Howe will be wanting to push for Europe, I doubt the owners have any such demands on him already, especially as the team is still lacking in key areas of the first team, as we weren't able to get the wideman and central midfielder we were after over the summer.

There is absolutely no chance they will be even thinking of changing the manager at all.

Can’t disagree with a word of that.