Newcastle United vs. Bournemouth: 17/09/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Johnny

On 15/09/2022 at 14:27, HaydnNUFC said:

We're a bit of a different club now than we were 6 years ago. :lol: Remember this game, such fucking grim times.

:lol: Fucking hell how many Saturdays have I wasted on shite like that.

3 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Sweepstake on how VAR will fuck us over today?

Score in the 69th minute, goal gets ruled out but VAR calls the ref over. They go to the replay and it’s just a picture of an old lady so the goal doesn’t get given 

17 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Bit annoyed he's dropped Botman

Yep, agree with this. Trust Eddie but I personally feel you need a settled 2 central defenders to build the partnership up. Plus I think Botman's more capable to get things unlocked with his passing.

21 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Bit annoyed he's dropped Botman

Tbh, I've been a bit disappointed with Botman so far. Early days, he's still adjusting to the pace and physicality of the Premiership, but he doesn't look as confident as I was hoping so far. But classy on the ball, yes, and is improving.

I've always felt that Burn had a transformative effect on our defending. We looked far more solid for his vociferous presence. I'm not sure we'd have stayed up without him.

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

Tbh, I've been a bit disappointed with Botman so far. Early days, he's still adjusting to the pace and physicality of the Premiership, but he doesn't look as confident as I was hoping so far. But classy on the ball, yes, and is improving.

I've always felt that Burn had a transformative effect on our defending. We looked far more solid for his vociferous presence. I'm not sure we'd have stayed up without him.

Hopefully we'll not need to see much of his defending today. 

22 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Botman has slotted in absolutely fine in my opinion

16 minutes ago, NWMag said:

In a game where we will have most of the ball, like today I would imagine, I think Botman is the better fit due to his passing ability. 

He may have a slight niggle TBF, and we have seen what can happen with Bruno, Wilson and ASM 

27 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Botman has been MOTM in our last 2 games for me.

4 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Devils advocate time. I don’t agree with this, but over £200 million spent over two windows,  one win in 6 games. Pochetino unemployed. How long til the owners start to get a twitchy trigger finger? 

Absolutely ages, he just got a new contract and is absolutely class. Suits the club perfectly and conducts himself in the best manner possible. The quality of our play last season and so far this season means they shouldn’t even consider anything related to his position unless we’re in the bottom three for several weeks, which isn’t going to happen as we’ll likely finish between 7th - 9th 

7 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Devils advocate time. I don’t agree with this, but over £200 million spent over two windows,  one win in 6 games. Pochetino unemployed. How long til the owners start to get a twitchy trigger finger? 

No time soon if they give any kind of fuck about their asset.