Garang Kuol

Johnny

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Devlin is decent. Could probably play for a top Championship/newly promoted side down here. Looks like he's calmed down a bit too doesn't get booked all the time anymore.

Would be surprised if he got many minutes. Irvine, Mooy, Mcgree and Hrustic are all ahead of him. 

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

At some point you gotta question the manager for not starting him :lol: . Seems like every game he comes on as a sub and and kills it.

Was thinking that too. Wonder if its a conscious decision to give others the start when he'd only be there for a handful of games?

20 hours ago, McCormick said:

At some point you gotta question the manager for not starting him :lol: . Seems like every game he comes on as a sub and and kills it.

I’ve been screaming for the manager to start him. If he’d started yesterday no way do the mariners lose that game. He’ll be a total star at the WC

18 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The Australian Rooney, only this time we got him.

I’d call him the Aussie Mbappe. In all seriousness, his pace and finishing are lethal and regardless of how Oz go In Qatar, he’ll be one of the names talked about. To answer another question, I think if he plays every game he’ll either qualify for a work permit outright or be eligible for NUFC to apply for an exemption as an outstanding youth player. Might well be playing for the Toon by January. He’s good enough already.

And just quietly, I’d not be at all surprised to see Oz get out of the group. Qatar is a weird place to play - especially at this time of year, but Oz due to Covid have played about 12 matches there in the last 18 months. We’re used to the conditions and while there’s not huge quality in our squad there’s plenty of pace and aggression. If used properly we might upset some more fancied countries. I also think Iran, Korea, Japan and one or two African countries are likely to be dark horses. Senegal in particular.

54 minutes ago, Coastie said:

I’ve been screaming for the manager to start him. If he’d started yesterday no way do the mariners lose that game. He’ll be a total star at the WC

No way any Manager would implement a system using a player who's off in January, unless absolutely forced to.

2 hours ago, Gh0StFaC3 said:

No way any Manager would implement a system using a player who's off in January, unless absolutely forced to.

Not usually, but garang leaves with the club’s blessing and everyone wants him to do well. Still want him to do well for us before he goes.