Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

(Moved this here from Rumours thread). 
73B6F1BE-C559-4692-B6F2-5BE5CCA390CB.thumb.jpeg.edfcff499c6fe319b344212802bb0397.jpeg

Style of play:

– advanced striker

– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations.

– capable of playing in several offensive positions, either in the centre as a striker, as a supporting forward, or as a winger

– direct and powerful player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions

– electric pace and incredible burst of acceleration

– killer instinct and great off the ball movement in and around the final third

– clinical finisher capable on both feet

– possesses powerful mid-range and long-range shooting skills

– in addition to his goalscoring ability, he is also a team-player who’s capable of creating chances and assisting goals for his teammates. 

– above-average decision-making, composure, and flair in the penalty area

– very skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure

– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls

– able to dribble and make quick combinations with his teammates at top speed

– good dribbler who’s also prolific when attacking from deep/wing

– able to make spectacular and effective solo runs to beat the defensive line

– excellent body balance and changes of pace

– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his ability to shield the ball, strength, and close control

– strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable, and very confident of his skills

– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his electric pace and acceleration

– aggressive and hard-working in pressing/when out of possession

– all-action and energetic

– operates very comfortably with his left weaker foot.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Says we're looking to loan him out to a European side. Hearts have 4 Aussies in their squad, send him up there.

If he doesn't qualify for a work permit here yet I'm not sure he will in Scotland either ???

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

If he doesn't qualify for a work permit here yet I'm not sure he will in Scotland either ???

No idea, maybe the threshold is lower since it's not as good a standard as England? All they needed for Devlin from what I can see was a UK Visa. He's not an international or anything yet.

Dennis Wise definitely thinks he has something about him but it might just be that he is physically advanced compared to others in the videos. We made the mistake in the 90s of signing young players dominating the youth levels due to their size but when those round him grew too they were left behind eg Paul Brayson

4 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Dennis Wise definitely thinks he has something about him but it might just be that he is physically advanced compared to others in the videos. We made the mistake in the 90s of signing young players dominating the youth levels due to their size but when those round him grew too they were left behind eg Paul Brayson

Small amount to base too much on but apparently he played very very well against Barcelona. 

I know I said it in the transfer thread, but this fella is the best young prospect Australia's had since Kewell, he has the right mentality to capitalise on it as well, I'd be surprised if he doesn't make a decent career for himself