Garang Kuol

Johnny

5 minutes ago, Coastie said:

Re-read earlier posts, just a couple back…

You haven't been here long. There's no way anyone on this forum actually reads more than the post above theirs or direct quotes. Have you seen the amount of utter mindless shit that gets posted by @Hanshithispantz you have to trawl through. Then there's @Mike gloryseeking, pretending he's been a Newcastle fan since 2012 and never supported Liverpool. 

Edited by OCK

33 minutes ago, Coastie said:

Re-read earlier posts, just a couple back…

If you are referring to your own posts, my question was about what if he doesn't feature enough at the World Cup? And how he would attain a work permit through the "club route", as it were. I appreciate and respect your earlier post. My query was about the worst-case scenario where he doesn't get the requisite amount of playing time in Qatar.

3 hours ago, Emotic said:

If you are referring to your own posts, my question was about what if he doesn't feature enough at the World Cup? And how he would attain a work permit through the "club route", as it were. I appreciate and respect your earlier post. My query was about the worst-case scenario where he doesn't get the requisite amount of playing time in Qatar.

Loan him out to a club in Europe or reverse Brexit..?

4 hours ago, Emotic said:

How did Garnacho get in ? Pretty sure the larger clubs have ways of getting what they want in these situations "outstanding young talent etc"

Pass. Think I read though that it was now harder for South American (and so also maybe Oceanic) players to get permits over EU players. I don’t know the specifics though. It’s also to do with how many minutes the player has played for their club team, standard of international tournaments they’ve been involved in etc that add up to getting the 15 points required, so maybe Garnacho played more youth games or something? 

So the workaround would be to loan Kuol out to a club in, say, Portugal, where he'd be guaranteed to start a certain percentage of matches - then he'd be able to get a work permit in the summer? (Again all this assuming him playing in the World Cup isn't enough to get him in in January).

Also, coming from Spain/Argentina is seen as a higher level/banding due to the quality of the leagues there, and therefore gives you more points than the Oz league which I think isn’t classed as even in the top 5 bands of leagues worldwide. 

Just now, Emotic said:

So the workaround would be to loan Kuol out to a club in, say, Portugal, where he'd be guaranteed to start a certain percentage of matches - then he'd be able to get a work permit in the summer? (Again all this assuming him playing in the World Cup isn't enough to get him in in January).

Yep- Portugal has been mooted as a place to send him. Although he might get recognition and required permit points at the WC, and failing that, the club can apply for a permit without him getting the necessary points, saying that he’s an outstanding world talent

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Also, coming from Spain/Argentina is seen as a higher level/banding due to the quality of the leagues there, and therefore gives you more points than the Oz league which I think isn’t classed as even in the top 5 bands of leagues worldwide. 

He came from Atletis youth team, joined Man Utd before he even had an Under 18s cap. Kuol is a full international.

Edit but as you've just said above, Big clubs get away with the exceptional talent bit. We can do that now.

Edited by madras

Just now, madras said:

He came from Atletis youth team, joined Man Utd before he even had an Under 18s cap. Kuol is a full international.

But coming from the Spanish league gives higher prestige and points for a permit- it is a band 1 league, whereas the Oz league isn’t even band 5. Full international obviously gives more points, but being Oz international doesn’t rate highly. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

But coming from the Spanish league gives higher prestige and points for a permit- it is a band 1 league, whereas the Oz league isn’t even band 5. Full international obviously gives more points, but being Oz international doesn’t rate highly. 

I'd have thought full international even for Aus would carry more than being a Spanish youth player without a first team start or even Intl cap at even under 18 level ?

Anyway, I'm confident we'll get him. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he was sent out on loan anyway, I know Portugal was mentioned but his brother plays in Germany.

31 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Regardless of work permit or not, hasn't the plan always been to loan him out immediately anyway? I'm sure I read something about it when he first got linked.

Just now, Conjo said:

Regardless of work permit or not, hasn't the plan always been to loan him out immediately anyway? I'm sure I read something about it when he first got linked.

Think that was just because he didn’t (still doesn’t) qualify for a permit, so they’d have to send him out. There has been talk in the press about him staying (and presumably being in the squad), should his permit status change. 

9 hours ago, Emotic said:

Aah sorry. My understanding is that if you’re an international in something like the top 20 ranked nations you have much better prospects for a work permit. Oz is thirty something so such players need to have played 75 percent of recent matches. I think he’ll definitely play all matches in Qatar but if that’s not enough the club can apply on the basis of outstanding youth talent that would benefit the league. Otherwise he’ll go loan an Portugal has been mentioned but I’ve also read that clubs all over Europe are bidding to have him. No idea how true that is.

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

He likely will go out on loan either back to Australia or somewhere in Europe if there is any type of issue, although the kid is a phenom so it wont be long before he plays full time for Aus.

He won’t be returning to Australia- we’d want him to gain experience (and work permit points) in a decent European league. It’d be a complete waste for him to return back to Australia, and would achieve nothing for the club or player in the long term.