Newcastle United 1-1 Bournemouth (17/08/2022)

jack j

4 minutes ago, HawK said:

Needs to be given licence to come deep and collect the ball like he did at Liverpool. It's worrying that for all our possession and great retention, the instructions to Wilson, Wood and Isak are exactly the same, hang off the shoulder off the last defender to push their defensive line back. It means we almost never can pull the defenders out of their line and we have no interplay with Joelinton/Bruno/Willock moving up as Isak drops in. To me it's basics, I have no idea why Howe does this.

This is something I also find odd. You could see how well it worked when he could drop deep and receive to then get going after dragging defenders down and opening up space. Yet now its exactly as you say.

Still nice to be dealing with the issue of dominating without getting the goal, as opposed to getting absolutely arse raped each week.

This is where Eddie earns his money. What change can he make to find spaces.

Frustrating, but we've hit the post twice and forced a couple of decent saves. All were from set pieces, partly due to lots of fouls by them, but we need more from open play.

Isak is clearly quality, but he still lacks the understanding and anticipation Wilson has.

Keep pegging away and something will happen. Give it fifteen and then push Bruno right up if nothing is happening.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Also need a replacement for Willock. I know Shelvey is back soon so that will help.

I'm trying not to mention Willock today because it gets under people's skin, but I'm pretty much done with him, so yeah.