Fulham 1-4 Newcastle United (01/10/2022)

Disco

11 hours ago, jack j said:

Just heard them singing sven botman to the darts tune

Knocked me fucking sick tbh

I haven't - not sure which darts tune it would be.  Is it Chase the Sun?  That would be irritating.

And obviously it should just be the '60s Batman tune.

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

All called Steve…

Just been on the wba forum reading comments about Bruce who “aimed to get them promoted as he has four premiere league promotions under his belt” has them 4th of bottom - this after they finished last season in the bottom third as well.

understandbly they’re not happy

24 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Blinders by Raisbeck and Anderson in the commentary again. 

Confusing Murphy with Willock, Burn with Botman and Almirons right foot with his left ?????

Anderson questioning if Almiron meant to score his first! Fuckin idiot!

6 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Regardless of the red card, Fulham are destined for the drop if they continue to perform like that.

With Fulham it’s a classic case of take their best 3/4 players out of the team and they look ordinary - they just don’t have the depth in talent to replace the likes of Mitro/Paulinha/Willian/Tete etc 

Mom says she’s happy that Newcastle won yesterday. Me: How did you know? She sees it in my face every time she says :lol: 

Looking forward to todays footie because we’ve won. Usually can’t watch the shite day after a loss. 

Edited by Ikon

First Toon match since pre-covid got me. I lived in Newcastle then, now I live in London. Work got corporate tickets literally right behind the dugout and lunch before. Absolute class experience, even if I had to pretend to be a Fulham fan (who seem a decent bunch and Craven Cottage is great btw). 

Red card clearly helped, but for we were still excellent and it was about as dominant a performance as I’ve seen. 

43 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Regardless of the red card, Fulham are destined for the drop if they continue to perform like that.

No chance,they had 5 players out yesterday,and the sending off.

From what I've seen they are half decent side,and are on same points as us.

While Fulham where poor yesterday, they have genuinely been really good this season and deservedly gotten points from tough teams, they play to their main strength in Mitrovic and arnt afraid to give it a go and be on the front foot. Marco Silva is also a really decent coach.

That said this result is probably their first real test in terms of how they respond to it, as you could argue there has been a bit of momentum with some of their results this season, and with injuries to key players, they'll need to bounce back quickly.

But honestly think they finish between 14th and 10th, which I'd be happy with so they're no longer a shitty yo-yo club :lol:

It basically tells you that if you can be a possession based side, you will reap the rewards if the opposition has a player sent off. They were wholly unprepared and it suited us down to the ground.

I still think we have question marks on whether we can break down a competent mid table side who sit back and attempt to soak up pressure. Although with Wilson involved that problem becomes less of an issue.

The biggest positive is our base level of performance. Even on a poor day, we are a match for most sides and capable of taking a point and on a good day we can put any side to the sword.

Jesus do we need a bit of luck on the injury front. Can we not have our best players available for like 4/5 games on the spin? 

4 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

First Toon match since pre-covid got me. I lived in Newcastle then, now I live in London. Work got corporate tickets literally right behind the dugout and lunch before. Absolute class experience, even if I had to pretend to be a Fulham fan (who seem a decent bunch and Craven Cottage is great btw). 

Red card clearly helped, but for we were still excellent and it was about as dominant a performance as I’ve seen. 

Speaking cockney is easy - just replace all u’s with a’s and speak like a fackin’ cant

2 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Speaking cockney is easy - just replace all u’s with a’s and speak like a fackin’ cant

Different part of London mate plus the Fulham fans are often quite posh. Sorry to be a pedant but I lived half my life in the south. ;)

So on that note I fitted in really well with the fans. [emoji38]

Edited by St. Maximin

10 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

If there was ever a ground to sit in the home end then it's fulham

Posh twats

4 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

Different part of London mate plus the Fulham fans are often quite posh. Sorry to be a pedant but I lived half my life in the south. ;)

So on that note I fitted in really well with the fans. [emoji38]

I lived north London / muswell hill for 17 years.

On 02/10/2022 at 08:53, SiLvOR said:

Fulham have looked fairly decent in most games, tbh. We just have a habit of making other teams look shit. Cos we're fucking brilliant.

We played well for sure, but usually when a team loses a man, you expect them to put up a fight. Fulham seemed to lose heart completely, and it's no wonder their manager was so angry afterwards - I don't think it was just down to the ref.  It's how a team reacts to a setback that counts.