Manchester United 0-0 Newcastle United (16/10/2022)

Disco

Just now, christ said:

My entire life - aside from when Benitez was here and he rotated like mad - we’ve had injury problems.

Can’t count the old days when they were smoking 40 a day and drinking a dozen pints.

If we want to win the league, we are going to have to go to the lesser sides like Man Utd and win. A bit frustrating that Man Utd held on to a draw.

Constant diving for penalties by them tells its only story. 

1 minute ago, Cattletrucked said:

Aye I can remember Pope making loads of saves and shots raining in from every angle….one big chance by Rashford at the end is really battered. Draw a fair result 

There was that shot off the post - oh wait that was us.

1 minute ago, Cattletrucked said:

Aye I can remember Pope making loads of saves and shots raining in from every angle….one big chance by Rashford at the end is really battered. Draw a fair result 

Disagree.  We should have won that game.  People only remember the last 5 minutes and assume we were under the cosh.  Over 90 minutes we were the most deserving of three points.

6 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

:laugh:

He should know to be fair. :lol: inserts himself into every conversation on every board and in the forum awards wins all of the negative awards. Not a well liked guy at all. But anyway. 

ASM probably would have made a difference, but so would Eriksen instead of Fred. 

I would say these games are going to be tasty as fuck for years to come. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I can’t understand why Froggy thinks he will have a normal Convo on a Newcastle forum 

:lol: it's always madness on match day between the two clubs. It'll settle down again soon. 

Just now, Froggy said:

He should know to be fair. :lol: inserts himself into every conversation on every board and in the forum awards wins all of the negative awards. Not a well liked guy at all. But anyway. 

ASM probably would have made a difference, but so would Eriksen instead of Fred. 

I think Eriksen instead of Fred might have been better for Newcastle. Except for that chance he missed of course. 

5 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Fred chance is probably offside. He missed so they didn't go back and draw the lines.

A very annoying sub genre of VAR. If it's potentially offside they should check it once that player then touches it. If he is deemed to be offside the defending team should be given the free kick from that spot, not be forced to take a goal kick just because he misses it, those 10/20 yards could be the difference. 

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Don't bite ffs :)

We are not biting.  We are just amusing ourselves with Froggy's comments.  He knows deep down how much we are progressing and how much his team are regressing.  One of their best players is 40 years old did you know?

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Howay man, nothing wrong with the odd wind-up but just give it a rest. Especially about KI who is well liked

on the board 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Eriksen instead of Fred might have been better for Newcastle. Except for that chance he missed of course. 

Honestly I had this mindset before the game as well, but Fred was dreadful. He ruined so many good attacks as well.  All he has now is energy. His confidence looks shot. 

Just now, Froggy said:

Honestly I had this mindset before the game as well, but Fred was dreadful. He ruined so many good attacks as well.  All he has now is energy. His confidence looks shot. 

True, but Bruno had very little influence on the game, which is critical for us. 

We dealt with them fairly easily for the most part despite them being at pretty much full strength and us ending the game with half a championship side. 

We probably played below par as well today so it's actually quite encouraging overall. A couple of transfer windows away from being a genuine threat to the top 6 I think. Think we'll beat these lot in the reverse fixture.