Manchester United 0-0 Newcastle United (16/10/2022)

Disco

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Incidentally the amount of people on tik tok and YouTube trying to claim that the world is against them is class. :lol: Apparently Ronaldo's 6 meters offside goal and him kicking away our free kick should have stood, they should have had a pen, the ref was against them, and Tifo have anti-Man United bias. There's no supporter group in the country that's more populated by overgrown entitled bairns than Man United's.

You'd maybe find less "entitled bairns" if you weren't looking for them on dance apps that were created for 13 year old girls. :lol:

There's no supporter group in the country that is more populated than ours full stop. Of course we have more shit and entitled fans that the likes of Newcastle. We have hundreds of millions more fans worldwide that the vast majority of Premier League teams. It comes with the territory, and you have all of this to look forward to soon. You're about to gain some absolute whoppers in the coming years that will embarass you. 

Just now, madras said:

Oooh I do t know. Liverpool ?

Not for me, their stereotype have chips on their shoulders and are us vs the world to an embarrassing extent, but they don't come across as childish brats in the way Man United's do.

Maybe more of a modern fan thing more than anything though.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

You'd maybe find less "entitled bairns" if you weren't looking for them on dance apps that were created for 13 year old girls. :lol:

There's no supporter group in the country that is more populated than ours full stop. Of course we have more shit and entitled fans that the likes of Newcastle. We have hundreds of millions more fans worldwide that the vast majority of Premier League teams. It comes with the territory, and you have all of this to look forward to soon. You're about to gain some absolute whoppers in the coming years that will embarass you. 

You don't look for things on TikTok, it's a feed. But your post is as usual a case in point :thup:

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Not for me, their stereotype have chips on their shoulders and are us vs the world to an embarrassing extent, but they don't come across as childish brats in the way Man United's do.

Maybe more of a modern fan thing more than anything though.

Not a fag paper between them for me. Liverpool fans online presence probably tips it in their favour.

On a side note, a brief reading of the post match thread on red cafe, many of them don't think they were worth the win either.

16 minutes ago, Froggy said:

About to? Have you spent any time on here recently?

38 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Thought ours was about as clear cut a penalty as it gets, Wilson was cleaned out by Varane. How it wasn't given beggars belief. Sancho's was a pen too and I think he would have got it had he not massively oversold his dying swan act.

I think the Wilson one is more of a pen but both can easily be given. I think that they didn't give the Sancho one because they didn't give the Wilson one and tried to be consistent, which is a rare thing at Old Trafford especially for us. When looking back at highlights from previous seasons at this fixture, the one we didn't get in 2004 on Shearer, man. :lol: Ref come out in front of the cameras and apologised it was that bad.

17 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Tbf, lot of truth in that. 

40 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Incidentally the amount of people on tik tok and YouTube trying to claim that the world is against them is class. :lol: Apparently Ronaldo's 6 meters offside goal and him kicking away our free kick should have stood, they should have had a pen, the ref was against them, and Tifo have anti-Man United bias. There's no supporter group in the country that's more populated by overgrown entitled bairns than Man United's.

The irony considering the amount of Fergie time goals or pens given at Old Trafford for them over the years being astronomical.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

For what it's worth I thought we actually played quite well yesterday. We're a million times fitter than we were under Ole and Rangnick. Very few teams are going to have the intensity and workrate of Newcastle. If we play like that against bottom half teams we'll blow them away.

Other than Brighton it’s the only time we’ve had to revert to sitting back in the 2nd half of a game whilst not ahead. 

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I usually defend Longstaff like but Willock’s energy was massively missed. When he came on the game was already gone but itv showed that we missed him. 

I thought that as well, but then I have been defending Willock for some time as I think he gets underrated quite a bit because his shooting has gone to shit. Longstaff puts in a good shift, but he's noticeably one of those who gives the ball away regularly, there's a clear drop in quality with some of our fringe players.

2 hours ago, Sima said:

Would be interesting to see Froggy's patter if we were superior to Man Utd for a sustained period of time. 

Never finished above them once since the PL began (the only team we haven't finished above)

Good fact that 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Thought it was weird how we tired in the second half. I wondered if Howe had told players to conserve energy for the run of games (coupled with us having a thin squad) but he mentioned there's been some illness in the team so maybe it was that. 

Maybe, but the subs didnt help much. It was the same at Fulham (not as many but they scored a goal because of it). The point is when we do 3 subs the quality drops quite heavily. Not saying Howe did anything wrong but its just the truth.

8 minutes ago, DubblyDubblyDubbly said:

Who'd be an official eh ? image.thumb.png.97e13feb3f72b8668a771c9e5e9486a4.pngimage.thumb.png.185cbb8212efc8ec0b375274b0e54297.png

Yeah that's at professional level where you have at least some element of protection. You should see some of the radge parents at little kids football on the weekend, fuck me. I have no idea why anybody would want to be a ref :lol:

That was disgraceful from the Man U players. At the time I thought fair play to Ronaldo because it was worth a try since Schar rolled it back to Pope to take so he could have interpreted that as being taken and been a bit cheeky. Laugh it off when it gets pulled back and get on with it. The way they went on though was pathetic.

5 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Like a renaissance painting this [emoji38]

image.thumb.jpeg.a7843c600f5c6281a0dc46adb65884a4.jpeg

“Froggy's Lament”

I mean for fucks sake, disgraceful behaviour :lol:

Just get your yellow card out ref and do a 360 spin and get them all in your book.