Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Pleased we didn't sign Pacqueta tbh

It's conceivable that he'd be ballin' for us at the moment.

But we're massive and it's nice to not be envious of every other team in the league.

Edited by nemtizz

1 hour ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Yeah it's like Twilight Zone because when you watch him, it just doesn't add up to his record being decent. He's all over the place but he does carry major threat in stretching the field with those chaotic runs he makes.

I think when they bought him, they must have expected him to be one of the elite CFs in world football and for 70m+ he really should be. He'll have great moments in games and score surprising goals from time to time but looks like he needs a ton of coaching

I think they were expecting some growing pains. He's young enough to develop further for them still.

He's got some great attributes to work with, but there's no guarantees with him from what I can see. Will be interesting to see what he ultimately becomes for them.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Thierry Henry is right there, someone just needed to tell Oliver he made the wrong decision, no need for the drama of him going over to the screen

The point is. VAR did its job and corrected an incorrect decision ?

It’s going to click and Darwin Nunez is going to score a shit-ton of goals. 

At 23 his movement is elite. His blend of pace and power makes him unstoppable at Times. The finishing and composure improves 20% and you have a prolific goalscorer. 

I rate him. 

Re: Paqueta - I think he has poor mentorship.  He’s WASTED under Moyes. They play without the ball loads, play awfully deep. He should play under a manager that really wants to play. I like Moyes but he’s not progressive at all.