Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

27 minutes ago, Paullow said:

They're in good form unfortunately. Last 11 games they've won 6 and drawn 3, 21 points, that's almost 2 points per game. They got an early red card at 0-0 in one of those 2 defeats.

What's stranger is that at 0-0, Sunderland were 13/5 to win, QPR (only 9 points and 1 win from their last 15 games) were something like 5/4. 

Aye, eight points from the last five isn't great mind.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, eight points from the last five isn't great mind.

It's not bad either though., especially as they beat Middlesbrough and drew away at Millwall in that period.

1.6 points per game, which would be 73 over the course of the season. Boro finished 7th on 70 points last season, and Reading finished 7th on 70 the year before, so it's just outside the playoffs form. Plus that's the worst sequence you could pick, e.g. 7 from 3, 7 from 4, 11 from 6 etc.

They've largely been in good form since the end of October / start of November, and probably a decent shout to make the playoffs now.

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

It's not bad either though., especially as they beat Middlesbrough and drew away at Millwall in that period.

1.6 points per game, which would be 73 over the course of the season. Boro finished 7th on 70 points last season, and Reading finished 7th on 70 the year before, so it's just outside the playoffs form. Plus that's the worst sequence you could pick, e.g. 7 from 3, 7 from 4, 11 from 6 etc.

They've largely been in good form since the end of October / start of November, and probably a decent shout to make the playoffs now.

Fair point.

I'd be in two minds if they got promoted. They're quite a poor squad so a PL season could be brutal. On the other hand, they're racist, coin throwing knuckles draggers with a shit tip of a ground. They're an absolute embarrassment to the region.

7 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I much prefer it, but I keep forgetting there's no away goals rule now in the Champions League. Good for Spurs, but not as good for PSG.

When did that end? Does it count after ET still?

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

When did that end? Does it count after ET still?

Started last season. No away goals rule in ET either I don't think.

I do like ET and pens and not applying obviously helps with that. It keeps the tie more interesting for the neutral as well.