Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

watched the whole game and once it got to 75 mins I knew it was Roma in complete control. Was about to place a bet but didn’t. Fucking infuriating. 

For the best given they conceded 2 minutes after scoring. :lol:

Remember when we won the Championship doon Plymouth and they played "We Are The Champions" over the tannoy as we celebrated our win.

They got relegated that day. No idea how their fans reacted to that, but I would've been feeewming.

Edited by The Butcher

9 minutes ago, Charlies said:

I’ve had a soft spot for them ever since that day to be fair 

Same.

They also played local hero. By recollection, some people on here who claimed they went also said the Plymouth fans were congratulating us, being nice and friendly etc.

In that time they went all the way down to League Two, I’m sure they got back to back relegations.

I’m sure Palace survived in their place, I know which team I’d rather have in the Premier League.

Think Everton are more than capable of getting themselves relegated this season tbh. I'm struggling to see where their next points are coming from, they're absolutely shocking. 

2 minutes ago, midds said:

Think Everton are more than capable of getting themselves relegated this season tbh. I'm struggling to see where their next points are coming from, they're absolutely shocking. 

True, but momentum is a big thing. That loss will have devastated Forest, and given a massive boost to the blue smoke bin bandits.

41 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Yeah I like Plymouth. They were really sound that day.

There are some clubs you dislike (eg. ManU and Chelsea) and there are others, the majority, you have no problem with.

Two clubs I have a genuine fondness for are Ipswich and Argyle, so I'm chuffed that they both got promoted today.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

True, but momentum is a big thing. That loss will have devastated Forest, and given a massive boost to the blue smoke bin bandits.

Everton have zero momentum and are highly likely to pick any up in the next 4 games either :lol:

I'd even argue that a relegation might even be beneficial in many aspects of actually sorting their club out in the long/medium term. What they're doing each season is clearly not working and won't change if they stay up, they need a complete reboot from root to branch and that's not happening without a relegation imo.  

Betis are so weird, this season they're 19th in LaLiga for fouls committed, 18th for yellow cards, yet have had 12 red cards, which is the most in the league :lol:

Edited by 54

4 minutes ago, midds said:

Everton have zero momentum and are highly likely to pick any up in the next 4 games either :lol:

I'd even argue that a relegation might even be beneficial in many aspects of actually sorting their club out in the long/medium term. What they're doing each season is clearly not working and won't change if they stay up, they need a complete reboot from root to branch and that's not happening without a relegation imo.  

They don't have any momentum, but any devastating defeat of a relegation rival has to give them a boost. Where would they have got any hope if Forest had won?

1 minute ago, TomYam said:

There are some clubs you dislike (eg. ManU and Chelsea) and there are others, the majority, you have no problem with.

Two clubs I have a genuine fondness for are Ipswich and Argyle, so I'm chuffed that they both got promoted today.

And then there's Wolves, who despite playing them regularly recently trigger nothing whatsoever, just the meh'est of meh. Look up Meh in the dictionary and it says "see Wolverhampton Wanderers, in fact dont, they're so insufferably dull but a dullness that you don't hate, isn't endearing, just a vapid nothingness where an emotion should be"

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

They don't have any momentum, but any devastating defeat of a relegation rival has to give them a boost. Where would they have got any hope if Forest had won?

I get where you're coming from, had Forest won today then Everton would have been thinking 'well that's another club we can't catch'. But I honestly don't think Everton have got enough about them to drag themselves out of it this year - they might, but I've got no idea where they're going to get the 5 or 6 points they'll probably need. They can't score and they lose virtually every match away. They've got 3 away and 2 at home, 1 of which is to City. 

Everton have only scored 25 goals all season, even the years we got relegated we scored 40+ they aren’t getting anywhere near that. 

That’s what will send them down, they defended alright at the start of the season, but if you simply can’t score goals you can’t survive. When they concede one they simply don’t believe they’ll get back in the game. 

Crunched some the numbers on the lowest scoring teams to survive being relegated (20 team league). In the past ten years Villa stayed up with 31 goals (14-15 season). The absolute lowest was Sunderland in 01-02 who stayed up with 29 goals. Typically teams who finish 17th score around 34-40 goals. 

If they didn’t score another goal this season they’d be in the top 5 lowest scoring teams in the history of the PL relegated or not. 

Edited by GeordieDazzler

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Just realised neither Norwich or Watford can get promoted now.

Neither of them stinking up the league next season :sweetjesus:

Will claw some money back on away shirts they otherwise would never need

1 hour ago, midds said:

financially they are fucked if they go down.

as likely to do a Leeds/City as they are  to come back up within a couple of years

19 minutes ago, 54 said:

Just realised neither Norwich or Watford can get promoted now.

Neither of them stinking up the league next season :sweetjesus:

Aww. I rather like seeing Delia every other year; recalls alternate Christmas dinners with the in-laws.