Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Is that even true?! Wild. 

They’ve only conceded 15 all season,  which is crazy. Gone under the radar how good defensively they’ve been this season. Probably because everyone can’t stop talking about levers.

7 hours ago, toon25 said:

An excellent fuck you to the ex-Manure crew/Fergie cunts with Salford and that wanker Mark Hughes' Bradford losing in the playoffs today.

You're forgetting the best of the lot. Ferguson junior throwing away that 4-0 lead at Sheffield Wednesday the other night so it's been great. Throw in Carrick at Boro too. Playoffs have been a nightmare for them lot.

Edited by nufcjb

6 hours ago, TRon said:

Yes, because I said I was glad to be shot of all of them. Nowt against them personally, but we are doing alright without them.

It was actually because you said:

8 hours ago, TRon said:

They did it despite having Colback, Shelvey and Wood on their books as well. Although none of them ever making the first team probably helped.

And I pointed out at least Wood earnt them a precious point against the league champions in their battle to avoid relegation. But whatever. 

Congratulations to Man City. Guessing they will rotate massively in last two league games with two finals to play so best get this in now…

Who was it again on here who said they were incapable of putting a winning run together during Chelsea away match? ?

Outside of the Premier League, the Seville derby should be class this evening, both teams are in somewhat decent form, especially Seville. Has the potential to be a great game.

On thing that is guaranteed is that Betis will get a red at some point.

Really looking forward to the Leeds match, it really is massive. If they win it's in their hands on the final day, but you have to fear for them if they don't.

Man City vs Chelsea would often be a glamour PL fixture, but unless you're an MC fan, or somewhat admire them, then it's basically a pointless fixture. Fortunately there are a couple of other significant matches on mainstream channels at the same time - Augsburg vs Dortmund, which is huge after the Bayern result yesterday, and Gateshead's FA Trophy final.

It'll be interesting to see what Villa fans think of the Brighton vs Southampton match today - do they hope they surprisingly drop points, and then if they did drop more points in midweek at home to Man City (although not as tough now as if usually would be), 6th place and Europa League would be in Villa's hands with them at home to Brighton on the final day, win that and they would be there, but a loss or draw against a motivated side could see them slip to either 8th or even 9th at the end of the season, and no Europe at all.

Or would they rather Brighton won today, sew up 6th and the Europa spot, and probably be less motivated for the final day match giving Villa a better chance to secure a long awaited return to Europe, even if it was Europa Conference and not Europa.

Interesting situation, although Brighton couldn't really ask for a better fixture today, especially after resting a few the other day.

I think if I was a Villa fan I'd probably want Brighton to win today and put all My eggs in the 7th basket.

Edited by Paullow

10 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Really looking forward to the Leeds match, it really is massive. If they win it's in their hands on the final day, but you have to fear for them if they don't.

Man City vs Chelsea would often be a glamour PL fixture, but unless you're an MC fan, or somewhat admire them, then it's basically a pointless fixture. Fortunately there are a couple of other significant matches on mainstream channels at the same time - Augsburg vs Dortmund, which is huge after the Bayern result yesterday, and Gateshead's FA Trophy final.

If Chelsea don’t win, then they can’t finish in the top half.

14 minutes ago, Stifler said:

If Chelsea don’t win, then they can’t finish in the top half.

True, but looking at the remaining fixtures, I don't think anyone would give them a chance of that anyway. 10 Bet and others are literally quoting them at 500/1 to get there. It would obviously come in a bit if they won today, but doubt it's on their radar at this stage, especially as they would still need a 9 goal swing with Fulham if all 4 results went their way.

Quite a significant story though because I can't remember the last time any of 'the 6' finished in the bottom half, but the improbability of it does remove any realistic jeopardy to make neutrals want to tune in for that reason. I do recall Chelsea finishing exactly 10th in their awful season a few years ago.

Edited by Paullow

55 minutes ago, Paullow said:

It'll be interesting to see what Villa fans think of the Brighton vs Southampton match today - do they hope they surprisingly drop points, and then if they did drop more points in midweek at home to Man City (although not as tough now as if usually would be), 6th place and Europa League would be in Villa's hands with them at home to Brighton on the final day, win that and they would be there, but a loss or draw against a motivated side could see them slip to either 8th or even 9th at the end of the season, and no Europe at all.

Or would they rather Brighton won today, sew up 6th and the Europa spot, and probably be less motivated for the final day match giving Villa a better chance to secure a long awaited return to Europe, even if it was Europa Conference and not Europa.

Interesting situation, although Brighton couldn't really ask for a better fixture today, especially after resting a few the other day.

I think if I was a Villa fan I'd probably want Brighton to win today and put all My eggs in the 7th basket.

I hadn’t thought of it that way. 

I want to finish as high up the league as possible so want Brighton to lose. 

When he came we were in 17th

PL11 W2 D3 L6 Pts 9

Even if we finished 8th or 9th it would be a remarkable six months. 

it is also weird not wanting the season to end after a decade of just wishing it would end asap almost every year. 

23 minutes ago, FinnMag said:

Wonder how long this ManCity dominance continues? Their rival collapsed after sir Alex left. Same faith when weirdo Pep leave?

If City win champions league, which feels fairly likely I actually am not sure if Pep will last much longer, it's clearly his big goal with the club, as is owners. What is there to go for? Try for an unbeaten season? He got restless after getting Barca to their peak. Who knows. 

City will probably be dominant for the next few years. Can see Arsenal recementing themselves a top 4 team but doubt they will have another creditable title bid (could be wrong). Man U aren't any better than where they are that, if they get bought by Qatar as is rumoured they may but that will take a lot of time. Chelsea are going to be a clownshow for a while. Liverpool probably back a lot closer next season. 

We are still a few years out of a proper title bid. I wouldn't be shocked if we drop out of top 4 next year with european stresses (I am fairly relaxed about this, we are a work in progress and overachieved but i do fear there will be a bit of anger from some quarters). 

City will have to adequately replace Gundogan this summer, and De Bruyne soon. I imagine they will remain imperious next season and then it will be time to transition the team again. From how they are run unfortunately can just see them staying where they are. 

This is all if they don't get chucked out the league for cheating (lolol they will get a fine and move on)

4 hours ago, LFEE said:

Congratulations to Man City. Guessing they will rotate massively in last two league games with two finals to play so best get this in now…

Who was it again on here who said they were incapable of putting a winning run together during Chelsea away match? ?

They have 3 games left but I'm not sure they'll rotate that much because Pep is huge on having winning momentum, he'll want to go to the 2 finals in the best form

As for the comment, that was me. The way they were playing in January I just couldn't see this run coming but even as a Pep fan I underestimated his ability to make significant tactical changes mid season

The way he's done this run with mostly just playing CB's at the back has been remarkable really 

I also think the FFP charges had a positive psychological effect on their team, since he came out fighting in that press conference he created a siege mentality and they haven't lost since then

But all the waffle aside I was wrong and couldn't have been more wrong.

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

They have 3 games left but I'm not sure they'll rotate that much because Pep is huge on having winning momentum, he'll want to go to the 2 finals in the best form

As for the comment, that was me. The way they were playing in January I just couldn't see this run coming but even as a Pep fan I underestimated his ability to make significant tactical changes mid season

The way he's done this run with mostly just playing CB's at the back has been remarkable really 

I also think the FFP charges had a positive psychological effect on their team, since he came out fighting in that press conference he created a siege mentality and they haven't lost since then

But all the waffle aside I was wrong and couldn't have been more wrong.

Rumours suggest he has rotated massively today 

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

Any particular reason why Sky have gone back to their 1.30 and 4pm slots for Super Sunday today, rather than the now usual 2pm and 4.30pm?

To upset the routine.

Seen the KO times for the final day of the season next Sunday?

4:30 man, absolutely no fucking need, let’s make it so public transport is pretty much off by the time the games even KO on a bank holiday weekend, shall we lads?