Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Just now, joeyt said:

Hope we never get a relegation play off game in England

I think the only league I could see it happening is maybe instead of switching from 3 up, 3 down between League 2 & National League, they do that as a compromise. 

Tempted to sign up for a month. 

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-viaplay-sports.html

Not many matches on TV in June, and the very few that are seem to be on there - German cup final on Saturday evening, so a chance to see Szoboszlai (in possibly his final RBL match), La Liga final day on Sunday, a few other random playoffs, Nations League semi finals and finals, Euro 2024 qualifiers - by no means not must have, but probably just about worth the price when there's very little else on.

I see you can get a year for £60, but can't really justify that, and if I did sign up and cancel they'd probably offer me deals anyway - can you watch it on multiple Sky boxes, can you just have it for a month, and would you need to cancel pretty much the same day like other services to give them a months notice?

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Is there anything on the line for the final La Liga games? Are there any matches worth keeping an eye on from a point if intrigue?

The bottom of the table is intense, there's about six teams separated by a single point who can all go down (sadly Espanyol already gone on H2H).

Screenshot 2023-06-01 22.42.46.png

9 minutes ago, Wullie said:

The bottom of the table is intense, there's about six teams separated by a single point who can all go down (sadly Espanyol already gone on H2H).

Imagine if Valladolid just concedes some early goals and all the excitement is ruined.:lol: 2 points btw ;)

Edited by Erikse

9 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Thanks man, will defo plump for one of the games at the bottom end of the table in which case! :thup:

I've just realised that Viaplay Xtra is basically the old 'Freesports', so Leipzig vs Frankfurt German cup final on Saturday at 7pm will be widely available to most. Never knew that - Xtra is also showing Osasuna vs Girona on Sunday at 5.30pm and Betis vs Valencia at 8pm. The former could decide the final European place (Europa Conference) with Osasuna in poll position, and Valencia are obviously involved in that relegation madness, although unlikely to go down, so there is probably not as much need to buy a subscription, as I was mainly wanting to see the German cup final.

I wonder what else I have missed on that channel these past few months when oblivious?

7 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Valencia scored a 93rd minute equaliser against Espanyol last week, sending the latter down and probably saving their necks.

Absolutely insane that a city as big as Barcelona will be back to just having one top flight team next season like.

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Absolutely insane that a city as big as Barcelona will be back to just having one top flight team next season like.

Girona should stick around with the backing of Man City's owners.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Hamburg going to need to do a Sheffield Wednesday. 

Tragic. They thought they were promoted on Saturday too, until Heidenheim scored in the 93rd and 99th minutes to steal first and knock Hamburg into third. 

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Hope we never get a relegation play off game in England

In a rich league like Germany, the deck is stacked so firmly in favour of the team in the top flight because of the financial disparity. The teams in the second division are set up to compete against each other, not a team with massively greater resources from the division above, and over two legs as well, even less chance of an upset.

Since the introduction in 2008-09, the B2 team has only won outright twice, in 2008-09 and 11-12 (Union Berlin went up on away goals in 18-19). Assuming Stuttgart don't blow up, the B1 team has won 12/15, and 10 of the last 11. It's a really terrible system.

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

In a rich league like Germany, the deck is stacked so firmly in favour of the team in the top flight because of the financial disparity. The teams in the second division are set up to compete against each other, not a team with massively greater resources from the division above, and over two legs as well, even less chance of an upset.

Since the introduction in 2008-09, the B2 team has only won outright twice, in 2008-09 and 11-12 (Union Berlin went up on away goals in 18-19). Assuming Stuttgart don't blow up, the B1 team has won 12/15, and 10 of the last 11. It's a really terrible system.

Works well in Sweden IMO, but obviously it's a much poorer league than Bundesliga. Championship type play offs wouldn't have anywhere near the interest in Sweden as they do in England IMO, so the play off game works well here. 

Hamburg are probably 3/4 biggest club in Germany like, they’re just an absolute basket case and lesson in bad management from top to bottom.

Should’ve got KK in as inspirational gaffer to do what he did to us with them.

11 hours ago, Disco said:

All worked though. Roma fans attacked the officials in the airport as they were getting to their flight home.

Saw that, and thought it was a disgrace to be honest. How can UEFA or whoever is in charge not provide the referee with a safer passage through the airport? So many angry "ultras" got to within striking distance of him and were pushing him and I assume his wife about the place.