Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

2 hours ago, Erikse said:

Honestly I'm starting to think that needing more points than what we got last year for top 4 will become a reality. Tottenham is doing much better than I expected, and Villa can easily improve on last season without that Gerrard start. Liverpool is looking very strong aswell. I'm sure Tottenham wont last all season, but surely the will improve their tally from last season by quite a bit?

Nah. The 72 will do it, most likely. But that included 6 points directly from Spurs. Reverse those results, and Spurs finish above us, and Liverpool qualify for the CL.

We'll definitely need 16-18 wins against the bottom half. So, a lot will depend on our H2H against top-half teams.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Nah. The 72 will do it, most likely. But that included 6 points directly from Spurs. Reverse those results, and Spurs finish above us, and Liverpool qualify for the CL.

We'll definitely need 16-18 wins against the bottom half. So, a lot will depend on our H2H against top-half teams.

If you look at last season, 4th place had 17 points after 9 rounds and 5-6th place had 14 points. The postponed games has been added to this. Right now 4th place has 20 points, while 5th has 19 points (5 points more than last season) and 6th place has 16 points.

Edited by Erikse

Man United are actually so lucky with the fixtures.. Gala, the team that Man United need to overcome, are facing Bayern twice when Bayern still need points. Man United face Bayern at home in the last round, when Bayern are already through.

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Man United are actually so lucky with the fixtures.. Gala, the team that Man United need to overcome, are facing Bayern twice when Bayern still need points. Man United face Bayern at home in the last round, when Bayern are already through.

They could struggle against Galatasaray away and FC Copenhagen.. while probably around a decent Championship side in ability, rarely lose at home in the CL. I don't think they'll go through.

Edited by Donut

16 minutes ago, Erikse said:

If you look at last season, 4th place had 17 points after 9 rounds and 5-6th place had 14 points. The postponed games has been added to this. Right now 4th place has 20 points, while 5th has 19 points (5 points more than last season) and 6th place has 16 points.

Think we will need more points because the bottom 5 look like picking up far less than last season and those extra points effectively get distributed across the rest of the league. 

4 minutes ago, Donut said:

They could struggle against Galatasaray away and FC Copenhagen.. while probably around a decent Championship side in ability, rarely lose at home in the CL. I don't think they'll go through.

They could definetly struggle against Gala, if Gala beat Man United and Copenhagen, then Man United are out. Man United should in theory beat Copenhagen twice though, so if they can draw against Gala, then facing a Bayern who are already through can make the difference.

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Think we will need more points because the bottom 5 look like picking up far less than last season and those extra points effectively get distributed across the rest of the league. 

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. But I also think that we definetly can get more points, we drew many games last season and the bottom teams are almost free now.

Edited by Erikse