Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

All jokes aside, Arsenal winning here is probably better for us :lol:

Last thing we need is Brighton picking up 9 points from three, having played Man United and Arsenal.

Not enjoying the way this game is going at all.

Just now, Pata said:

Thought Rice was subtle enough that he wouldn't get the second yellow if Veltman was just standing there.

I recall seeing many of those subtle kicks get given a yellow. Not a second yellow, because players don't kick the ball away on a yellow at all. Apart from Rice that is.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

Yeah, think Rice gets away from that if Veltman wasn't swinging his leg and I believe Veltman knew what he was doing.

Agree, but Rice has no right to kick the ball there when Veltman is getting ready to kick the ball.

Just now, KaKa said:

Last thing we need is Brighton picking up 9 points from three, having played Man United and Arsenal.

Not enjoying the way this game is going at all.

:lol: I don't even know who our rivals are this year. Everton?

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Brighton get the funniest of luck man. Away from home, to a side pushing for a title, a two yellow induced red card and then a goal to level it. 

Is that luck?

It was a really well worked goal

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Brighton get the funniest of luck man. Away from home, to a side pushing for a title, a two yellow induced red card and then a goal to level it. 

Wasn't luck. The ref applied the rules to the letter. You can argue its harsh (and Arteta will!), but Rice did kick the ball away.

Just now, r0cafella said:

From a footballing perspective I’m happy with this, I’m sick of teams like Arsenal and city who make so many technical fouls in midfield and get away with it.

Always considered smart play by comms, too. Joe or Bruno dare to do same against those clubs and it's tears.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: I don't even know who our rivals are this year. Everton?

Palace for 8-10th :anguish:

Or not. But that seems to be the mood, and where the press and other fans seem to have us now.

Edited by Turnbull2000

Just now, nemtizz said:

Always considered smart play by comms, too. Joe or Bruno dare to do same against those clubs and it's tears.

It is smart because teams like Arsenal and city who push super high and leave space in behind rely on the counter press which commits loads of fouls, it’s one of those where the rule book is behind the tactical evolution. 

Disrupting teams transitions via fouls should be mandatory yellow imo. 

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Is that luck?

It was a really well worked goal

Rice second yellow, giving Brighton a man advantage for most of the second half is a nice fortunate change no? My comment had nothing to do with the goal. 

5 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Wasn't luck. The ref applied the rules to the letter. You can argue it’s harsh (and Arteta will!), but Rice did kick the ball away.

Of course! I know it’s the rules. It’s just when we play Arsenal away they are purring and gliding about the pitch. Rice doesn’t lose his head. Ref probably lets that go. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Rice second yellow, giving Brighton a man advantage for most of the second half is a nice fortunate change no? My comment had nothing to do with the goal. 

In the same way we had luck last week against Bournemouth?

If the refs are applying the rules I'm not sure how it's luck