Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Way to early to start worrying about sides results at the expense of just trying to enjoy football and results on their own merit for me.

We might be nowhere near Brighton one way or the other. Half the division at least are theoretically rivals at this point.

Just seems like pointless worry, though I've realised a lot of folk relish that

6 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Wasn't luck. The ref applied the rules to the letter. You can argue its harsh (and Arteta will!), but Rice did kick the ball away.

Arteta knew before the card came out, you see him turn away and put his hands to his face. He'll still whinge about it though.

Did Pedro boot the ball away without getting booked in the first half? Seeing tweets about it. Guess I'll have to eat my words here.:lol: I was sure it was pretty much allways given. Still think it was a deserved red. Two wrongs doesn't make it right.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

It is 100% a yellow. Harsh but right call.

Yup :lol:. Never mind, I’m sure that just like when Bissouma got that stupid second yellow for diving the Arsenal fans will just be annoyed at Rice for being stupid. Right?

:bluestar:

3 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yup :lol:. Never mind, I’m sure that just like when Bissouma got that stupid second yellow for diving the Arsenal fans will just be annoyed at Rice for being stupid. Right?

:bluestar:

Poor Rice being a random victim of the evil anti-Arsenal ref!

Edited by Erikse

Just now, dcmk said:

Brighton don't look as good as recent years imo.

Didn't look great against a poor Man Utd team last week and the 3-0 against a 10 man Everton really flattered them.

For all of their dealings, they've lost the equivalent of us selling Bruno & Joelinton this summer and still have Willock up front. 

Minteh has made 1 successful dribble per game, too. 

1 minute ago, dcmk said:

Brighton don't look as good as recent years imo.

Didn't look great against a poor Man Utd team last week and the 3-0 against a 10 man Everton really flattered them.

They strike me as a team who will do well against the good teams, then suffer disappointing results elsewhere.

They won’t get anywhere long term with their buy and sell policy, and shifting managers all the time.

10 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Way to early to start worrying about sides results at the expense of just trying to enjoy football and results on their own merit for me.

We might be nowhere near Brighton one way or the other. Half the division at least are theoretically rivals at this point.

Just seems like pointless worry, though I've realised a lot of folk relish that

I'm rooting against anyone that could be in and around us this season. Always.

45 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

For all of their dealings, they've lost the equivalent of us selling Bruno & Joelinton this summer and still have Willock up front. 

Minteh has made 1 successful dribble per game, too. 

We don't even get to play our own Willock.

Edited by Erikse