Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

At what point do managers realise they’re not Pep and they don’t have the players or the ability to coach teams to play this way. It’s a pandemic. A real scourge of the modern game. 

I fucking hate it man.

Give me allardyce over this shit 

1 minute ago, catlover24 said:

Will the turd finally flush this season? :lol:

Premier League tried to plum the fuckers out twice last year and they still swirled around the bowl.

Edited by Stifler

2 minutes ago, La Parka said:

I fucking hate it man.

Give me allardyce over this shit 

I wouldn’t quite go that far. But the last season, it really seems like it’s come in more and more. 

Blessing in disguise that Pope is so bad with his feet :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

At what point do managers realise they’re not Pep and they don’t have the players or the ability to coach teams to play this way. It’s a pandemic. A real scourge of the modern game. 

Well, under Ian Evett Bolton have gone from League Two, from 9th, 5th and 3rd in League One (Admitttedly they've started poorly this season) playing this brand of football, and when it works it works really well, you'll get occasional ricks like that, but the benefits out weigh the negatives. So I don't see why he would stop now. 

I tell you what, if we can get over this ten match run of being unable to defend properly, we're going to be a more than decent team.

Amazing that we had 85% possession at the point we went 0-2 down.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Well, under Ian Evett Bolton have gone from League Two, from 9th, 5th and 3rd in League One (Admitttedly they've started poorly this season) playing this brand of football, and when it works it works really well, you'll get occasional ricks like that, but the benefits out weigh the negatives. So I don't see why he would stop now. 

this. This is proper football :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It will happen. The feel good atmosphere is eroding with the Champions League prices, and having to sell for PSR reasons. The amount of games coming their way will result in injuries and half fit players.

In the long run Emery will head back to Spain, and Villa will go back to be mid-table/best of the rest.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I got to say: I don't see it.

They're building something special there, and they have depth.

11 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah it’s just daft now. Something said in the Southampton game earlier about them being easy to cheer for in their bid to stay up because they’re going to try to do it using entertaining football. A) They’ve scored 1 goal in 4 games. B) If they’re at any point prioritising entertaining football when they will literally need every point they can get, they deserve to go down anyway.

Just now, Beren said:

Happy to be proven wrong, but I got to say: I don't see it.

They're building something special there, and they have depth.

It’s hard to tell long term really.

They have already pulled out of building a new stadium or expanding Villa Park.

I think there is a lot more interest is possibly selling up or start running the club to the point that it’s being prepared for a sale as the ‘next giant of English football’.

15 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It will happen. The feel good atmosphere is eroding with the Champions League prices, and having to sell for PSR reasons. The amount of games coming their way will result in injuries and half fit players.

In the long run Emery will head back to Spain, and Villa will go back to be mid-table/best of the rest.

We have had two of our most important players - Kamara (vital) and Mings out with ACLs all last season, have only just got Ramsey back in any fitness, and also missed Buendia all last season as well, and he's still not back.

Our owners are building something durable, not flash in the pan Lerner style.

There are no guarantees, but I see absolutely nothing to suggest what you are suggesting will happen. Yada yada moaning about prices - and they are disgusting, and it's not just for the CL games either - but fuck me, what a time to be a Villa fan, 6 odd years since being a few hours from meltdown and in the championship.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

It’s hard to tell long term really.

They have already pulled out of building a new stadium or expanding Villa Park.

I think there is a lot more interest is possibly selling up or start running the club to the point that it’s being prepared for a sale as the ‘next giant of English football’.

Crikey no offence, Stifler, but what absolute nonsense.

It is absolutely nothing to do with that.

Our owners are constantly pushing to get the PSR rules changed - one of the few clubs behind the proposal last year - and have said, it was Emery's call not to want to play CL games in a three-sided ground.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Yeah it’s just daft now. Something said in the Southampton game earlier about them being easy to cheer for in their bid to stay up because they’re going to try to do it using entertaining football. A) They’ve scored 1 goal in 4 games. B) If they’re at any point prioritising entertaining football when they will literally need every point they can get, they deserve to go down anyway.

Didn’t they lose 5-0 to sunderland last season with 80% possession?  :lol: 

Don’t get me wrong. Part of me admires the bravery, sometimes stupidity. The risk/reward has to be factored in and I like that coaches have a style and identity and want to stick to it. Certainly much better than the likes of Pardew and Bruce. Who would just lurch from one disaster to another and rip up their tactics and formation off one bad performance. 

But there has to be a balance. So many teams seem to be over-playing and gifting other teams goals with this style. Not sure what has to happen to actually clear your lines or aim for someone long. As quite often, it is like

watching a car crash in slow motion the way teams play out. 

Ipswich have been surprisingly good at it. Bypassed the Liverpool press with 20-30 yarders. But still kept it short. Then went away to City and kept trying it. Which resulted in giving away 2, maybe 3 goals. Seems a bit suicidal. 

As for Southampton. Well…. Poor ol Teenage Mutant Gary Birtles the other week on their game. I thought he was going to spontaneously combust. Such was his anger :lol:  

14 minutes ago, 54 said:

Because it hasn’t worked for 3 seasons and counting perhaps? :lol:

2 hours ago, 54 said:

This is a win-win for me. 

If Everton win, its vital dropped points for Villa against a team likely to be a relegation candidate, which will help us in the battle for 4th.

If Villa win, Everton lose, which is always hilarious, and will hopefully send them close to finally flushing. Plus @HaydnNUFC gets to listen to some Spaces, which is always fun.

Didn't see the game as am out with wor lass tonight. Just seen the score and that they threw away a 2-0 lead again.

Hopefully both she and everyone at Khai Khai don't mind me listening tonight. 

The link for everyone;

16 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Didn't see the game as am out with wor lass tonight. Just seen the score and that they threw away a 2-0 lead again.

Hopefully both she and everyone at Khai Khai don't mind me listening tonight. 

The link for everyone;

Beautiful this, new manager suggestions ranging from Moyes to Thomas Frank to Jesse Marsch (because the new yank owners will want him in)