Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

11 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Haven't seen many queuing up to apologise to Nuno after he was written off as a shite manager following about 12 games at Spurs. 

Manager of the month in his first month, and then sacked 2 months later.:lol:

8 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Haven't seen many queuing up to apologise to Nuno after he was written off as a shite manager following about 12 games at Spurs. 

Always seemed like a good fit for Forest to me. He’s ideal for a club that can play on the counter. Forest relatively similar to Wolves did when under him. 

Spurs fans are utter wankers. A genuinely horrific fanbase, no wonder Eric Dier wanted to deck them when he played for them. 

35 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Eillott Anderson will end up back in in the years to come - just watch. :thup:

Seems to be doing really well for Forest.

Yeah but for how much?

Maybe we could do a straight swap for a certain Greek GK... 🤣

27 minutes ago, 54 said:

Tell you what, this is a great weekend of Football.

Barcelona vs. Real Madrid 

Arsenal Vs. Liverpool 

Inter vs. Juventus

Marseille vs. PSG

Erm. And Hibs v. Hearts

What's happened to the TNT Sports match at 12.30pm today? Usually if there's not a match on due to European matches they will have one at like 8pm on Saturday, or 12pm on Sunday or something, but they don't seem to have one this weekend. Everton vs Fulham as the sole televised PL match today isn't amazing.

49 minutes ago, 54 said:

Tell you what, this is a great weekend of Football.

Barcelona vs. Real Madrid 

Arsenal Vs. Liverpool 

Inter vs. Juventus

Marseille vs. PSG

There's of course other ways to watch, but 2 of those are on very niche platforms, and the other 2 on the more mainstream channels pretty much directly clash, so not quite as good if you don't stream and just stick to Sky / BT, although our match is obviously on Sky as well on the Sunday.

13 hours ago, Disco said:

Always seemed like a good fit for Forest to me. He’s ideal for a club that can play on the counter. Forest relatively similar to Wolves did when under him. 

Spurs fans are utter wankers. A genuinely horrific fanbase, no wonder Eric Dier wanted to deck them when he played for them. 

:lol: Nah. Nuno was the wrong (and arguably third or fourth at best) choice as a manager and did a poor job but never stood a chance. He wasn’t sacked because of the fans. He was sacked because he was the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time and Levy fucked it up. A likeable guy who presumably went away with a lot of money and good luck to him.

I actually came in here because I just saw the highlights of the Man U match. How on Earth did the Fener guy not get booked for that pathetic dive to try to win a penalty? I feel like booking people for diving is one thing that VAR could be good for.

14 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Yeah that was a ridiculous sacking. Especially as he got MOTM in the first month alone. Definitely bowed to player power which is always the road to ruin.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yeah that was a ridiculous sacking. Especially as he got MOTM in the first month alone. Definitely bowed to player power which is always the road to ruin.

No it wasn’t, don’t be daft :lol:. @Interpolic is right that he shouldn’t have been written off as a shite manager, but you’ve over-corrected the other way. It clearly wasn’t working on multiple levels, although I certainly wouldn’t blame Nuno. As I say, wrong guy wrong place wrong time.

We’d been tonked by Palace, Chelsea and Arsenal in quick succession, then lost to West Ham and got battered by Man U. More importantly though. as you guys rightly say about Pardew, Bruce etc, fans from outside don’t see the whole picture. Saying it was a ridiculous sacking is just falling into the same trap.