Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Just now, gbandit said:

What’s the law? Raised boot from behind is a red irrespective of power or impact?

Deliberate studs to the ankle when you’ve got not chance of getting the ball is a red I think. Particularly as Walker was away.

8 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Could've gone either way, definition of an orange card tbh. Can't complain with a red for that 

In that case FFP shouldn't have recommended the on field review, and they did it instanly. I believe there's still this clear and obvious thing.

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

In that case FFP shouldn't have recommended the on field review, and they did it instanly. I believe there's still this clear and obvious thing.

Getting your wanky modern acronyms confused there chief. But yeah, clearly the VAR thought it more obviously wrong than I did 

6 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Financial Fair Play do on field reviews now?

10 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Well that's was dreadful.

Thought that was low-key quite good. Man City did what they do. I thought Burnley actually did OK for the most part just ultimately weren’t good enough and let in goals at just about the worst times. Haaland did what he’s paid for.

I guess I just felt Burnley did about all they could do..

City scoring after 3 minutes changes the complexion of most games tbh. They get to relax a little, pop it about safe in the knowledge that the opposition need to come out and can't just stay sat deep soaking it up. Burnley did ok for a while but they played against a City that were never out of second gear really. Don't think anyone learned anything that they didn't already know