Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, Pilko said:

Not sure if it's just me but I find Jesse Marsch really affable and canny despite him being a corny yank, can't help but like the fella when he's interviewed. 

May just be cos he's pulled Klopp's pants down, I'd be saying the same about anyone.

My mate at work was born and lives in Leeds and he compares him slightly to Ted Lasso.

5 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Worth talking about him to be fair. Especially since your boy Gareth was there to see it in person. Genuinely think he might’ve put himself on a plane to Qatar today. 

They've got X amout of minutes to talk about the match, one of the most devastating 2nd half performances of the season didn't get a single mention 

I get that it's sparing Wood's blushes, but you have to include that passage of play like.

My dad was around for the 2nd half. He's the most difficult man to please, more or less done with modern football because of how soft and rigged it is, rarely if ever gives much credit to Newcastle, so when he does it means a lot. After that move during the match he went 'Bloody hell, this is Newcastle!? That's not the Newcastle I'm used to seeing'

Sounds like nowt but it's a big deal to hear that from someone as hard to please as my dad.

6 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Not sure if it's just me but I find Jesse Marsch really affable and canny despite him being a corny yank, can't help but like the fella when he's interviewed. 

May just be cos he's pulled Klopp's pants down, I'd be saying the same about anyone.

I like Marsch. Cant see why anyone would have a problem tbh.

Well, about the Libertadores final.

We actually played amazingly weel, on a level really above of what I would have expected.

But if that ass of a CB even comes back to brazil wearing our colors I'm gonna be pissed.

I've seen players out of our club for way less than this (I can't even put in words how much I hate this guy RN), I know our president is nearing he's 80's but if he's the same man, this asshole will never wear our jersey again.

For those who didn't see the Libertadores game, he was sent off for a slide tackle at the sideline, no goal danger, the game was 100% in our favor, while already yellowed.

I'm so pissed right now I can't even describe.

If their team steamrolled ours I would be fine, but this close? I never wanna see his name attached to our club again. (it was his 3rd capital mistake only this week)

Also, I'm extremely drunk (Thank you whoever discovered beer), so I might change my mind tomorrow morning. Right now? I'm drowning my sorrow's in a pint. (Drinking Witbeer from one the best brazillian brewers) [emoji38]

Edited by JNK

3 minutes ago, JNK said:

Well, about the Libertadores final.

We actually played amazingly weel, on a level really above of what I would have expected.

But if that ass of a CB even comes back to brazil wearing our colors I'm gonna be pissed.

I've seen players out of our club for way less than this (I can't even put in words how much I hate this guy RN), I know our president is nearing he's 80's but if he's the same man, this asshole will never wear our jersey again.

For those who didn't see the Libertadores game, he was sent off for a slide tackle at the sideline, no goal danger, the game was 100% in our favor, while already yellowed.

I'm so pissed right now I can't even describe.

If their team steamrolled ours I would be fine, but this close? I never wanna see his name attached to our club again. (it was his 3rd capital mistake only this week)

Also, I'm extremely drunk (Thank you whoever discovered beer), so I might change my mind tomorrow morning. Right now? I'm drowning my sorrow's in a pint. (Drinking Witbeer from one the best brazillian brewers) [emoji38]

21 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I like Marsch. Cant see why anyone would have a problem tbh.

They call him Ted Lasso and slag him off entirely because he’s American, nothing more. He’s clearly as nice as they come in management. 

I get why the Ted Lasso act rankles some, and he may not ultimately have what it takes to cut it at this level, but he’s not a bullshit merchant and doesn’t carry a sense of entitlement, which I find refreshing. Get the sense he genuinely cares about his players and his work.

Just now, Tomato Deuce said:

I get why the Ted Lasso act rankles some, and he may not ultimately have what it takes to cut it at this level, but he’s not a bullshit merchant and doesn’t carry a sense of entitlement, which I find refreshing. Get the sense he genuinely cares about his players and his work.

My co-worker likes him as a Leeds fan. The Lasso comparison was more a term of endearment I gathered.

23 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Arsenal v Forest not on tele? Why’s this country so backwards with showing live football ffs?

Don’t worry, the EFL of all people are changing that. The Premier League will have to follow suit.