Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, Stifler said:

Weren’t York on the verge of going up to League One, and fell all the way to the Conference North?

Yep. League 2 playoffs in 2014, relegated to the sixth tier in 2018. Canny few years. 

Big win last night, mind. Still a total basket case. 

Fourth 0-0 in a row. Hideous fixture featuring two hateful clubs. 

Incredible that those Red fucks have taken six points off us this season. Even moreso that we're seven points clear with a game in hand.  

4 minutes ago, KDT said:

Brighton still have us, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs & Villa left to play. All apart from Man Utd are away.

Decent away record though - this season they’ve w3 d3 l1 away from home with the loss bring to Man City

7 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Of all the money spunked up the wall and wasted by them, Fernandez is fantastic and might even have been worth the monster fee.

I don't know man. He looks good and all, but wasn't it £100m for him? They could have bought Ollie Watkins or Ivan Toney for about half that or something, and it would have been money much better spent. 

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

Emery is a good manager but I'd be very surprised if he finishes higher than 7th next season unless there's extremely significant investment. 

I dunno. Liverpool/Spurs/Chelsea are hardly guaranteed their place there. All 3 of them feel like they need a bit of a rebuild and the signs this season is they're struggling to do it. Top half of the league next season I think is up for grabs a bit.