Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

5 league titles in 6 seasons for 1 club is piss poor man. 

People like City winning because they have a small fan base. But it makes the league hollow when a hollow team dominates. 

They’ll be better next season too. When they have ‘off’ seasons they need to not win the league.  

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Nah, can't have Man City continuing to stack these titles and feel invincible. Need them to lose the League, the Champions League and the FA Cup and completely tank this season.

Arsenal even if they win are still going to have their ups and downs in the coming seasons I think. Man City have to be knocked down a few pegs.

I think whether Man City finish 1st or 2nd it makes no difference. For Arsenal when they've been leading nearly all season to lose the title late on might hit them hard, which would benefit us.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I think whether Man City finish 1st or 2nd it makes no difference. For Arsenal when they've been leading nearly all season to lose the title late on might hit them hard, which would benefit us.

who cares? Arsenal will always be Arsenal. They won’t win 8 titles out of 10. Ever. Man City can. They need knocking down a peg. People already act like they’re invincible.  

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

5 league titles in 6 seasons for 1 club is piss poor man. 

People like City winning because they have a small fan base. But it makes the league hollow when a hollow team dominates. 

They’ll be better next season too. When they have ‘off’ seasons they need to not win the league.  

I like them winning because the alternative has been Man United, Liverpool and Chelsea

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I can't rock with you on this I'm afraid. Agree to disagree.

27 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

No it’s not. 
96 isn’t even the biggest bottle job. Man U were something like 7 points clear with 5 games to go and lost it to City. Lost to Wigan. City. 4-4 draw against Everton did them in. 

Not the PL, but Brighton in 2017. 7 clear with 3 to play :)

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Me and @kaka slating Martinelli he did got a goal and an assist mind. 

But he’s an ugly player to watch as well. Weird dribbling and running style. Runs with his head down.  Weird technique as well. Opposite to a player like Hazard. 

He's had a fantastic season and did have a really good game. Was just upset with some of his decisions at the end :lol:

If Trossard was the one breaking with the ball in that position with that pass to Saka right there, it would have been game over for Liverpool. Oh well.

Edited by KaKa

I don't particularly care who wins it if I'm being honest, but it would be fun being the team to make it more exciting towards the finish line. 

Edited by Klaus

I think a few of those who want Arsenal to win the league may change their mind after we play them again and Arteta is unbearable on the touchline

Also their fans are the absolute worst

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think a few of those who want Arsenal to win the league may change their mind after we play them again and Arteta is unbearable on the touchline

Also their fans are the absolute worst

Never. I detest Man City and Chelsea's approach too much.

Always wish nothing but the worst for both clubs.

33 minutes ago, toontownman said:

If arsenal blow this it's approaching our 95/96 standards. 

32 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

No it’s not. 
96 isn’t even the biggest bottle job. Man U were something like 7 points clear with 5 games to go and lost it to City. Lost to Wigan. City. 4-4 draw against Everton did them in. 

Man United had a 12point lead in March (later than us) in 97/98 and lost the title to Arsenal with games to spare.

91/92 they were top on February 22nd and won 2 of their next 13 league games. Leeds stole in winning only 6 of their next 14. They were so severe that Sheffield Wednesday were a point off top until a last minute goal for Palace in their penultimate game.

Jut heaps more and more pressure on Arsenal as the games tick down. Every mistake, every decision will crank it up higher and higher as they get closer to the title. 

Then they play us, already livid from doing the same things to see the game out that they do. Away from home against a team that absolutely dicked them just a year ago. Gonna be wild :cool: