Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I assume chelsea are basically just waiting for the summer now. Players, manager and owner. 

Hopefully they are on the beach on the last day 

I'll still keep an eye on the CL matches in case either Bayern or Benfica get an early goal, but neither tie looks great from a neutral perspective. 

Think I'll mainly be watching Blackburn vs Coventry on Sky Sports Arena (so should be proper coverage and not the red button shite) as that's a big game in the playoff race. Sunderland will be hoping for a draw so that both drop points, but not sure what the worst result is for them? Blackburn are in the better position and have an extra game in hand, so probably them winning is worst, but then their final 4 games are very tough as well, so they could still probably be caught (by s'land) even if they were to win tonight.

Edited by Paullow

Just saw Coventry have Reading and Birmingham both at home after this so probably hoping they win here tbh. 

Gyokeres is a good player to watch. Suspect he will be playing PL football next season regardless of what happens to Cov.

15 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Gyokeres is a good player to watch. Suspect he will be playing PL football next season regardless of what happens to Cov.

Yeah think it's pretty clear he's the best striker in the league. You feel Coventry would have to go up for them to keep ahold of him

I think Joel Piroe at Swansea will get a move to a better team too

Ancelotti is a freaking don, isn't he. Man management plus tactics plus no unnecessary shenanigans or fights or no preaching any footballing philosophy.

Also credit to Sobhani for even asking that question. 

Edited by rgk_lfc

7 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Ancelotti is a freaking don, isn't he. Man management plus tactics plus no unnecessary shenanigans or fights or no preaching any footballing philosophy.

Genuinely think the guy is the best manager in my lifetime as a football supporter.

What a fucking CV

2 minutes ago, duo said:

How can Cancello play against City? Isn't he just on loan at Bayern? 

Think the rule that stops players playing against their parent club was removed in Europe. So they can’t stop them playing 

10 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

is a freaking don, isn't he. Man management plus tactics plus no unnecessary shenanigans or fights or no preaching any footballing philosophy.

Crazy to think Everton had him as their manager - imagine going from him to Lampard :yao:

2 minutes ago, duo said:

How can Cancello play against City? Isn't he just on loan at Bayern? 

Because I don’t think you are allowed to stipulate that they can’t play against you in the CL. They did away with all rules to block players playing a while back. Can’t have missing superstars affecting the brand. 

Coutinho scored two against Barca in that 8-2 defeat whilst on loan from them didn’t he?