Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

27 minutes ago, Collage said:

Leicester the best team/squad relegated from the PL if it happens?

14 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

our 09 squad would run them close.

Not even close probably. Barton, Colocinni, Jonas, Owen, Viduka, N'Zogbia, Duff, Krul, Harper, Martins, Bassong, Beye, Butt, Smith, Nolan, Enrqiue (Given, Milner, Carroll).

Took extraordinary levels of fuckwittery to relegate that. "Save us".

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Almost to a word the same response I got from my liverpool supporting mate. VAR has screwed them all season. 10 minutes wasn't even close given how much villa were on the floor...

Wait are we in the same group text...

EDDDDD!

Ha, I don’t think so. I’m the only Newcastle fan and in America. 

Just now, Viana said:

But I thought Arsenal had grown up when they beat us? Almost like Neville and co made a daft leap from one narrow result.

They took their chances Vs us and really got incredibly lucky with the second goal.

16 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Not even close probably. Barton, Colocinni, Jonas, Owen, Viduka, N'Zogbia, Duff, Krul, Harper, Martins, Bassong, Beye, Butt, Smith, Nolan, Enrqiue (Given, Milner, Carroll).

Took extraordinary levels of fuckwittery to relegate that. "Save us".

If you just go by names, sure. But a lot of has-beens in that squad like Butt, Smith, Owen, Viduka etc whereas Leicester’s top players like Maddison and Tielemans are in their prime.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

I wonder what the crowds were like outside Old Trafford when they were winning the league every year.

Fair old trek from Singapore, Belfast, Oslo, London etc just to stand outside an empty stadium…

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Cracking signing if they stay up by a point

Also a massive disservice to what they've done since he bowed out injured, they have picked up a few points since then.

Just now, TRon said:

Also a massive disservice to what they've done since he bowed out injured, they have picked up a few points since then.

Obviously. But we were discussing the ex NUFC players.

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Obviously. But we were discussing the ex NUFC players.

Yes, because I said I was glad to be shot of all of them. Nowt against them personally, but we are doing alright without them.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Don't know if it has already been said, but Arsenal's form for the last third of the season has been mid-table form.  For all of the pundits' 'they'll learn from this, be back next year' patter - I wouldn't be so sure of that.

They're the club I'm most confident we'll finish ahead of (along with Spurs) out of the Sky 6 next season. 

24 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They're the club I'm most confident we'll finish ahead of (along with Spurs) out of the Sky 6 next season. 

I wouldn’t be that sure about that. They’re going to strengthen for the CL too. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Don't know if it has already been said, but Arsenal's form for the last third of the season has been mid-table form.  For all of the pundits' 'they'll learn from this, be back next year' patter - I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Exactly. This is the sort of collapse that everyone kind of expected because it's happened so many times to them over the last 15/20 years.