Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

I don’t think I west ham winning the conference league is going to have any measurable impact on the state of football in England. Even if it did, I’d still want them to lose. 

It'll have fuck all by way of beneficial impact outside of cockney media wankers that'll take every available opportunity to remind everyone that 'it came home'

8 minutes ago, brummie said:

The weird thing about Cameron and us is his credentials are sound - his uncle or grandfather was chairman of the club.

To be fair to Prince William, mind, he comes to a lot more matches than Cameron ever did.

Only because he'll have been given free tickets.

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

I’m surprised the conference league has been accepted as a major trophy tbh. Everyone thought it was an embarrassing joke when it was first proposed.

That's why it is in a 20k stadium.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

It'll have fuck all by way of beneficial impact outside of cockney media wankers that'll take every available opportunity to remind everyone that 'it came home'

100 percent. That’s basically all it would be. Fuck that 

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Are you English?

Not being snarky, just don't see how anyone can think West Ham winning this is good for the nation. By that measure, so would Man City winning the CL. 

Yes I am English. I live in America now, though. 

I believe they’ll be a trickle down effect. Money will go down to grassroots, more interest in the game. Wouldn’t it be nice for Declan Rice to captain West Ham to a European Cup final and then walk into the England camp with a winning mentality? 

And I do want City to win the CL. Will be good for Stones, Walker, Foden, Grealish’s confidence. 

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Actually if West Ham win and did well in the Europa League next season, it would be good as it opens up another Champions League place.

No it doesn't, they would only get an additional CL place if they won it.

Maximum through the league is 4.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

At least it'd stop them going on about how 'they' won us the World Cup in 1966, mind.

Just now, Astroblack said:

Yes I am English. I live in America now, though. 

I believe they’ll be a trickle down effect. Money will go down to grassroots, more interest in the game. Wouldn’t it be nice for Declan Rice to captain West Ham to a European Cup final and then walk into the England camp with a winning mentality? 

And I do want City to win the CL. Will be good for Stones, Walker, Foden, Grealish’s confidence. 

I don't think it does like.

Just now, Kimbo said:

I’m surprised the conference league has been accepted as a major trophy tbh. Everyone thought it was an embarrassing joke when it was first proposed.

It's clearly not remotely embarrassing or a joke, though. Why would it ever be? A third competition isn't a new concept. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

It's clearly not remotely embarrassing or a joke, though. Why would it ever be? A third competition isn't a new concept. 

Should have brought back the Cup Winner’s Cup instead of this shitshow.

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

No it doesn't, they would only get an additional CL place if they won it.

Maximum through the league is 4.

Two leagues will get an additional spot each year in the new CL format. 

14 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Somebody  please explain to me - not watched the game and just switched on and tuned in here, why’s everyone happy an English team getting beat?

Wanting English clubs to do well in Europe as a representation of our league and ourselves went out decades ago when the league no longer needed West Ham to get to a final to show itself off. 

That plus the underdog will almost always be the non-PL (richest league in the world) team and the mental gymnastics of supporting a team, fans and players that we spend the full domestic season not liking.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It’s too low grade to be considered a major European cup in my eyes. Most of the premier league would be in with a shout of winning it.