Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Of all the TB signings, do any of them currently look like value for money? Palmer probably the only one. Suppose Sterling as well this season after being a disaster last.

Obviously most of them are very young and you can only properly judge them over longer period of time, but as the kids say round London way now, it’s not looking good brav.

They did well to get Havertz off the books for a significant fee. He should never have gone for the money he did. I’d say Caicedo is looking their worst purchase by a margin. Mudryk is an unknown but obviously so far they’ve massively overpaid. I think Malo Gusto actually looks a quality player if a bit inconsistent. Sterling’s been back to his best but he’s heading into the years of his career where you’d expect him to drop off, especially because he’s played so much top level football from a young age. Badiashile has looked atrocious in the handful of games I’ve watched. I think Nkunku will be quality if he stays fit.

Can’t see anything other than disaster ahead for Chelsea. There’s a limit to how much they can get off their books without taking huge losses. A lot of their newer fans will be stepping back from the club as they’ve never known a period of this level of performance and failure to win things. Todd has no idea what he’s doing. Their loaning model isn’t what it was. Reece James is in bits and Broja hasn’t come through like they’d expected. They’ve got their academy left and they’re going to have to hope that some serious quality comes through there. I agree that Palmer was a sensible buy both in terms of the fee and his quality 

Did they actually get a decent fee for Pulisic? Mad if so, based on his last couple of seasons with Chelsea. Kovacic deserved a decent fee. No recollection of the fee that Loftus Cheek went for but he’s decent so fair enough. I think you significantly overpaid for Mount in all honesty 

Just now, gbandit said:

Did they actually get a decent fee for Pulisic? Mad if so, based on his last couple of seasons with Chelsea. Kovacic deserved a decent fee. No recollection of the fee that Loftus Cheek went for but he’s decent so fair enough. I think you significantly overpaid for Mount in all honesty 

As of now we've massively overpaid for Mount, but I was very happy with the signing at the time and am optimistic for the future with him. Just needs to avoid injuries and get properly settled into the team.

I think Pulisic and Loftus Cheek both went for around £15-20m each which is good business.

They've still Lukaku to sell in the summer and then a good bit of money coming in for Hall.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Around £20m for Pulisic

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Sometimes managers do buy managers off the backs of WCs tbf.  Remember when Ron Atkinson was your manager and went to the USA WC as a pundit - he overpaid for a centre forward because of it.

Alright, John Fashanu was also there as a pundit rather than as a player, but you know, Big Ron liked him.  And Fashanu probably wasn’t in the room for the off-air commentary. 

At the time, when Atkinson went out to do his punditry, the fans were complaining that he would be in the US for the entire tournament, when he should be here, working transfers for the new season.

He replied "I'm going to be amongst the best players in the world, where better to be to sign good players?"

And then came back with a pundit.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

As of now we've massively overpaid for Mount, but I was very happy with the signing at the time and am optimistic for the future with him. Just needs to avoid injuries and get properly settled into the team.

I think Pulisic and Loftus Cheek both went for around £15-20m each which is good business.

They've still Lukaku to sell in the summer and then a good bit of money coming in for Hall.

Just think the absolute fucking GOLDness of 65m for a homegrown like Mount.

As much as I want Liverpool to go out, it would be typical of NUFC to have been 1 minute away from only needing to beat Boro and Fulham to win a cup :lol: 

12 hours ago, Froggy said:

They got solid fees for Mount, Loftus Cheek, Mendy, Koulibaly, Kovacic and Pulisic as well.

Their spending in 22/23 was madness though.

They corrupted their way to getting fees for Mendy and Koulibaly. Mason Mount was as poor an indictment of the Man Utd transfer policy as Antony and Sancho

9 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

Fuck off Pereira you cheating cunt.

Absolutely. But then there’s this double Football Pet Hate from the BBC text:

“We've seen this before. One goal down, time wasting opposition, player diving and adding 12 rolls as he goes. But we are built different, going to enjoy beating this lot.

James, Bedford”

Pet Hate #1: No James, you’re not built different, you’re cheating cunts like the rest of us. You just perhaps do it less because you’ve got more money…

Pet Hate #2: …and what’s with the “we”? Maybe you moved to Bedford to escape Toxteth. Or maybe, just maybe, you are built different…as a glory-hunting cunt from the Home Counties.

19 minutes ago, NSG said:

As much as I want Liverpool to go out, it would be typical of NUFC to have been 1 minute away from only needing to beat Boro and Fulham to win a cup :lol: 

It is better for us if Liverpool wins the cup, if any of the other teams win it, then they would qualify to the Europa Conference League as EFL champions, and that means there would be fewer seats from the league that would qualify to Europe. 

Edited by Solitude20