Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

What?! :lol:

This man isn't watching the game.

He's had a few chances where he didn't look close to scoring and half chances where he's not even hit the ball clean, but is a real handful for defenders to mark due to his size, strength and pace. He's good at holding up the ball and passing it on to the wings and quick enough to turn and have a go himself.

Seems pretty fair assessment to me based on his first 60 minutes of PL football, no?

Great game this. Both teams to go down and the end of the season though I think. Beto looks a decent signing for Everton but there's no way he's carrying them to safety. Look at the rest of the squad... So many Championship quality players and random cloggers.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

He's had a few chances where he didn't look close to scoring and half chances where he's not even hit the ball clean, but is a real handful for defenders to mark due to his size, strength and pace. He's good at holding up the ball and passing it on to the wings and quick enough to turn and have a go himself.

Seems pretty fair assessment to me based on his first 60 minutes of PL football, no?

He's had an excellent all around game. They haven't created anywhere near enough for him.

The only clear chance he's had was the one he made for himself blowing by the defender the start of the second half and took the shot quickly with his left foot. It was great play but in his left foot bit the best strike.

The only other shot looked a good one that had a chance but hit the hand of the Sheffield United defender before going for a corner that they scored from.

Think you might be mixing up Danjuma and Beto. Beto us wearing number 14. Danjuma is wearing number 10.

5 minutes ago, Donut said:

Great game this. Both teams to go down and the end of the season though I think. Beto looks a decent signing for Everton but there's no way he's carrying them to safety. Look at the rest of the squad... So many Championship quality players and random cloggers.

Think Jack Harrison was a massive signing for Everton once he comes back in as he has good delivery, as does McNeil two, when he comes back in.

Dyche will also play too upfront, and so might see DCL and Beto upfront at points too. I think Everton will be fine. 

Be interesting to see what happens with Sheffield United. Gustavo Hamer and Cameron Archer have looked good signings. They'll give it a good go to stay up.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, KaKa said:

I think Everton will be fine. 

I'm not sure - Dyche's undoing will be his inability to tie up that defence. So far they've played Fulham, Villa, Wolves and Sheffield Utd and already conceded 8 goals. Of those teams, only Villa are good.

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

I'm not sure - Dyche's undoing will be his inability to tie up that defence. So far they've played Fulham, Villa, Wolves and Sheffield Utd and already conceded 8 goals. Of those teams, only Villa are good.

Yeah, the defence has been shocking, but I imagine it will settle down somewhat, as it's not typical of a Dyche side.

1 minute ago, maybe_next_year said:

They've still got enough time to sort these problems out in time to face us though... 

Maybe. Can’t help but think that this game is arguably one of their easiest of the season and they should probably have lost it (and still could).