Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

So pissed off about that handball decision. I bet if you went back over every game Liverpool have played this season they’d have benefited more than anyone else from referee / VAR decisions. It’s a fucking joke 

I presume corruption payments are not covered by financial “fair play”. I guess this is one area where our owners could make their wealth count. Would love to see VAR suddenly going against the “top six” instead of being stacked in favour of them on this type of decision.

In all seriousness, momentum and confidence are massive over a season. A dozen such decisions could easily be the difference between European qualification or being dragged into a relegation dogfight for most teams.

Haaland is possibly the most absurdly complete striker I’ve ever seen. He’s not the best dribbler out there but his striking of the ball off both feet, his physicality and strength, his size, his movement, his reading of the game, his pace as well. It’s ridiculous 

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I presume corruption payments are not covered by financial “fair play”. I guess this is one area where our owners could make their wealth count. Would love to see VAR suddenly going against the “top six” instead of being stacked in favour of them on this type of decision.

In all seriousness, momentum and confidence are massive over a season. A dozen such decisions could easily be the difference between European qualification or being dragged into a relegation dogfight for most teams.

Might be interesting to see how VAR treats us next season.

10 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

It doesn’t even look unintentional to me. What the hell is his arm doing there other than attempting to block the ball?

Absolute fucking joke, but totally predictable.

There is one good thing about Arsenal blowing the title, it might shatter them for the next couple of seasons. Then it might just shatter them as a club and see them floundering again like they were a few seasons ago.

I’ve never understood leaving a game before it’s over. Goals in the dying minutes aren’t exactly uncommon. ”Beating traffic” is more important than the game you’ve paid to watch? Weird behaviour.

1 minute ago, Collage said:

I’ve never understood leaving a game before it’s over. Goals in the dying minutes aren’t exactly uncommon. ”Beating traffic” is more important than the game you’ve paid to watch? Weird behaviour.

Only time I do it is when I have no choice because the last train is leaving and otherwise I can’t get home ?