Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Feel like West Ham would flourish under a progressive coach. If only their owners were more like Brighton and knew where to find good young coaches.

They've got a canny squad.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Plymouth 2-0 down within 10 minutes in the Pizza Cup final.

Always leaned more towards Exeter than Plymouth, but as a Devonian this is a bit sad to see. They've had a cracking season so far regardless.

7 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Eye-bleedingly bad game, two really poor sides. I think as long as we defend their set pieces properly, something West Ham are actually quite good at, they really cause issues from corners and FKs into the box, we should do them midweek.

Thought that last time but rice ran amok

Just now, Gawalls said:

Thought that last time but rice ran amok

He did but i've not seen him be that influential in pretty much any game this season. Not sure what happened to our midfield that day, think we made him look better than he actually is. Goes without saying we need to play better as well, we were in a rut at the time too.

Moyes keeps West Ham limping along for a bit longer. Some of their fans were probably conflicted, must be a few who wish he would lose these do or die games just to get shot of him.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

He did but i've not seen him be that influential in pretty much any game this season. Not sure what happened to our midfield that day, think we made him look better than he actually is. Goes without saying we need to play better as well, we were in a rut at the time too.

A run we’ve only recently got out of - still concerns me though it’s only the usual suspects still scoring.  I’d feel a lot better if willock or someone would start chipping in with a few.

43 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Plymouth 2-0 down within 10 minutes in the Pizza Cup final.

I work in a hot desk place and there’s two lads there run a media company. They do videos for Bolton and are Bolton fans - they’ve gone down today so I want Bolton to win for them.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

A run we’ve only recently got out of - still concerns me though it’s only the usual suspects still scoring.  I’d feel a lot better if willock or someone would start chipping in with a few.

Think the manner of the last two wins, winning late in both, the momentum is hopefully back. Confidence and momentum is so important and hopefully it's now there till the end. Agree on goal distribution :thup:

1 hour ago, brummie said:

I reckon London clubs have 10-15k tourists wanting to see a Premier League game every weekend, and West Ham, being big, will be the easiest to get tickets for. Imagine their disappointment when they get there, though, and realise they're in the least 'English football' English football ground in the country.

If you look at the crowd at Spurs, too, you'll see there are tons of far east tourists there (prob in the hope of seeing Son).

Confirming as I was a tourist who went to West Ham a few years ago solely because it was easy to get tickets. Neil Maupay scored a late equalizer that I only realized was an overheard kick hours later when watching highlights. A lot of bathrooms on the concourse though

1 hour ago, brummie said:

I reckon London clubs have 10-15k tourists wanting to see a Premier League game every weekend, and West Ham, being big, will be the easiest to get tickets for. Imagine their disappointment when they get there, though, and realise they're in the least 'English football' English football ground in the country.

If you look at the crowd at Spurs, too, you'll see there are tons of far east tourists there (prob in the hope of seeing Son).

Confirming as I was a tourist who went to West Ham a few years ago solely because it was easy to get tickets. Neil Maupay scored a late equalizer that I only realized was an overheard kick hours later when watching highlights. A lot of bathrooms on the concourse though