Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

21 hours ago, gbandit said:

Musiala, Vini, Foden and Mbappe are far more interesting to watch than Jude

I'd add Wirtz, too. 

The Jude role is quite odd in that his numbers are really great but he's struggled to get involved in a lot of the big champions league games. I think he'd look a lot better playing behind a proper striker. 

13 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I remember watching that match. Must have just been 8, but Ajax vs Panathinaikos in 1996. George Finidi (or Finidi George) vs George Donis.

If I remember this correctly Ajax lost the home leg 1-0 but ripped them apart in the away leg  

It was looking like Vill would have taken the lead in the early stages, and if they got one back quickly then they might have been favourites to go through, but a long way back for them now.

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

If I remember this correctly Ajax lost the home leg 1-0 but ripped them apart in the away leg  

I can't remember specifics but I can just remember being in the far sitting room with a tiny portable telly and watching with my dad. I can also remember the Sun doing a big spread of the two George's. 

2 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I can't remember specifics but I can just remember being in the far sitting room with a tiny portable telly and watching with my dad. I can also remember the Sun doing a big spread of the two George's. 

Interesting that they both ended up in the PL too

Finidi at Ipswich (they were in the UEFA Cup) and Donis at Blackburn (I think)

17 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Low key disgrace Villa shanking the Europa Conference mind 

Top 4 finish obviously the priority.

Happy to admit I was wrong about Diaby at Villa don't think he would have suited us at all. 

He's not looked very good in a number of games I've seen him play this season

Annoyingly haven't seen a kick of either of Villa's legs. How's this happened? Just Olympiacos playing out of their skins or have Villa shit the bed?

Great to see. 

Also just seen that Kaiserslautern are Bayer's opponents in the German Cup Final. Eh? :lol: They're literally in the relegation battle in the second tier.