Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

They'll know more on Monday night, but if Spurs could somehow get a result against Man City then they could have a decent chance of 4th place.

Now, Villa away to a Liverpool side with nothing to play for is a far easier fixture on paper than at home to a rampant Man City side chasing the title, and they are clear favourites, but a big incentive for Spurs if Villa did lose (even if they would probably be handing the title to their arch rivals).

Just now, Sima said:

That roof :lol: 

State of that man [emoji38]

Would be so epic if we go there and smash them on Tuesday.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, he's no world beater but he at least looks like he knows the position, and plays with some discipline.

They've played plenty games with either Eriksen or McTominay in that deeper role and they leave so many gaps.

Their midfield looked a lot more compact today. Not too thrilled about it tbh, with us going there on Tuesday.

Was hoping they'd persist with either Eriksen or McTominay deeper, alongside Mainoo, as it left them very open. Hence the 100s of shots they've been conceding.

He'll underestimate Newcastle on Wednesday and won't play the same way. I guarantee it. 

Amrabat has been poor this year but he was very good today essentially acting as a third centre back. Casemiro was nowhere near as exposed, but ultimately still made the mistake that led to the goal. 

We should be playing exactly the same against you. You're a better side and we need to give Casemiro the same protection and play on the counter. Fernandes in for McTominay today and we don't lose that game, maybe even win it. 

Edited by Froggy

2 minutes ago, ennyoueffsea said:

Looking at the table. Incentive for Brighton that if they win their last two matches they can move above manu. ??

Seagulls, seagulls 

Tell you what would be a laugh

Spurs drawing with City

Then city beating west ham 8 or 9 final day and winning it on goal difference

Posted (edited)

Merson is right. Tomorrow is a big match for Arsenal. If Liverpool win like 2-0, then even a draw for Tottenham on Tuesday keeps then interested on the final day, and if they did pull off a shock win, they'd possibly even be faves for 4th judging by the final fixtures, but if Villa won at Anfield then Tottenham's season is pretty much over, and that Man City match looks much different from their persepctive.

Edited by Paullow

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He'll underestimate Newcastle on Wednesday and won't play the same way. I guarantee it. 

Amrabat has been poor this year but he was very good today essentially acting as a third centre back. Casemiro was nowhere near as exposed, but ultimately still made the mistake that led to the goal. 

We should be playing exactly the same against you. You're a better side and we need to give Casemiro the same protection and play on the counter. Fernandes in for McTominay today and we don't lose that game, maybe even win it. 

Yeah, that's exactly how I saw it.

Arsenal couldn't get any rhythm going at all. Amrabat in there helped closed up all those half spaces Arsenal love to operate in. He was also pretty good making himself available for the ball and popping it about.

I think the right role and setup this season would have seen you get better out of him.

Really hope you're right and ten Hag changes it for Tuesday, but I'm not so sure he will.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I don't watch Man United very often but Garnacho looks a very frustrating player to me (based on today). Very good in a one on one situation and makes things happen but decision making and quality in the final third seemingly let him down. He seems a far more instinctive player.

Edited by Heron

I wonder if there is a chance our game vs Brentford is live next weekend, the two title games will obviously cover two of the three. Relegation battle is over, top four will very likely be over, so the race for Europe is the only other game with any jeopardy. 

That said, Sky will probably just pick the Liverpool game for the Klopp rim job. 

1 minute ago, Heron said:

I don't watch Man United very often but Garnacho looks a very frustrating player to me (based on today). Very good in a one kn one situation and makes things happen but decision making and quality in the final third seemingly let him down. He seems a far more instinctive player.

Oh aye he has a lot of growing up to do. Very greedy and makes the wrong decision a lot of the time, but his work rate makes him a much better option on the left than Rashford.

He's only 19 though. I think he'll be a smasher. Better decision making usually comes with age. 

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

I don't watch Man United very often but Garnacho looks a very frustrating player to me (based on today). Very good in a one kn one situation and makes things happen but decision making and quality in the final third seemingly let him down. He seems a far more instinctive player.

It's actually criminal how many great positions he doesn't take advantage of. Be interesting to see if he figures it out.

It's really screwing things up for Hojlund big time. Neither wing creates quality chances for him, game after game.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Oh aye he has a lot of growing up to do. Very greedy and makes the wrong decision a lot of the time, but his work rate makes him a much better option on the left than Rashford.

He's only 19 though. I think he'll be a smasher. Better decision making usually comes with age. 

Aye, I hadn't realised he was so young to be fair. If he gets his decision making right he might be able to lace Gordon's boots at least :lol:;)

Jokes aside though, I don't really watch other sides all that match but watched today. Man United have fallen right off like haven't they?! And yet, they'll still be in a cup final in a fortnight or so...

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's actually criminal how many great positions he doesn't take advantage of. Be interesting to see if he figures it out.

It's really screwing things up for Hojlund big time. Neither wing creates quality chances for him, game after game.

As is often the case, 'lesser' sides seem to have less prominent identity to the way they play because naturally it's about stopping the opposition primarily. It just feels alien that, that's Man United nowadays to me.

Today felt more like a Man United away game the way they played, not home. Old Trafford just isn't feared anymore.

Edited by Heron

Atalanta (5th) vs Roma (6th) is a big game in Italy starting now on TNT Sports 1 with Italy having 5 CL teams next season. Level on 60 points, Atlanta have 3 games left after today, Roma 2. They drew earlier in the season, so a Roma win would put them in the driving seat with the H2H record.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Atalanta (5th) vs Roma (6th) is a big game in Italy starting now on TNT Sports 1 with Italy having 5 CL teams next season. Level on 60 points, Atlanta have 3 games left after today, Roma 2. They drew earlier in the season, so a Roma win would put them in the driving seat with the H2H record.

Atalanta can still qualify via EL as well.

Edited by El Prontonise

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Tell you what would be a laugh

Spurs drawing with City

Then city beating west ham 8 or 9 final day and winning it on goal difference

Could easily see that happening too. :lol: