Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

if it's still 1-0 going into injury time, how much gets added? My guess is 19 minimum or enough for them to get two goals

As long as necessary. Probably won't even put a number on the board.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

As long as necessary. Probably won't even put a number on the board.

Whatever number it is, Fabinho does a jumping side kick at the official holding up the board then runs off laughing, while the commentators chuckle at the innocent fun of it all

2 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

To be fair there was the red check and the penalty check that went against them.

Tbh I don't think there would have even been a VAR check for those if it was any other team.

Didn’t the rules used to be that the second half kicked off at 4:00 no matter how long the first was?  Then they changed it to be a guaranteed 15 min break?  

They wouldn’t have had time to get back to the dressing room if that was still the case.

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Good that half time came as Liverpool were upping the ante.. Hopefully Emery master class at half time. Villa look dangerous going forward though.

Unfortunate that Watkins lacks confidence infront of goal lately.

Just now, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Didn’t the rules used to be that the second half kicked off at 4:00 no matter how long the first was?  Then they changed it to be a guaranteed 15 min break?  

They wouldn’t have had time to get back to the dressing room if that was still the case.

I don't ever recall this being the case, unless you mean way, way back in the day

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

I don't ever recall this being the case, unless you mean way, way back in the day

about 15 years ago.  I remember they definetly changed it to be guaranteed 15 mins.  But I cant remember the exact rule before.

I was reading Foxes Talk for their take on the situation, with us potentially securing our CL spot before we play them, and this made me laugh

Yes villa!

Hold on to this and Newcastle will now be on the beach when they beat us

[emoji38]

Just now, Paullow said:

I was reading Foxes Talk for their take on the situation, with us potentially securing our CL spot before we play them, and this made me laugh

Yes villa!

Hold on to this and Newcastle will now be on the beach when they beat us

[emoji38]

To be honest, I'd have no problem with that, I don't mind Leicester, would much rather have them in the league than Everton.

1 minute ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

about 15 years ago.  I remember they definetly changed it to be guaranteed 15 mins.  But I cant remember the exact rule before.

We can suspect that that period of half-time was decided upon as 15 minutes because rugby union matches also have a half-time period of up to 15 minutes in matches. Interestingly, the set limit of 15 minutes for football is actually a relatively modern thing. In 2006 the rules on half-time stated the following:

"The half-time interval must not exceed 15 minutes. Competition rules must state the duration of the half-time interval. The duration of the half-time interval may be altered only with the consent of the referee".

The clear implication there is that half-time could actually be a different length to 15 minutes, so it's not even as though 15 minutes was set in stone; no wonder narrowing down the reason why that length of time was chosen is so tricky!

https://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/articles/football-timings-and-match-lengths/#:~:text=In 2006 the rules on,of the half-time interval.

Just now, Sima said:

Kind of disappointed Michael Bridges got to play as many games as he did tbh.

Even more disappointed to learn he's from North Shields, I was convinced he was a mackem. He did play for them tbf, but he played for us as well. Anyway, he's a fucking plank.