Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

So, one of the undesirable effects of Spain putting B teams in the professional football pyramid.

Barça B is playing a promotion playoff to the second division. Celta B are in the same bracket.

Today, Barça plays Celta in La Liga. If we beat them, they might get relegated (currently 1 point above the drop).

If they get relegated, Celta B can't get promoted. If Barça B and Celta B meet in the final (and currently they are both leading their ties), Barça B gets automatically promoted.

I have always been of the opinion that B teams should be capped at two divisions below the main team.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Rashford's goals have replaced Ronaldo's from last season.

Weghorst's lack of goals have replaced Rashford's lack of goals. 

Pretty much. Like I said, football isn't as simple as "we're not scoring goals, we need a better striker". 

2 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

So, one of the undesirable effects of Spain putting B teams in the professional football pyramid.

Barça B is playing a promotion playoff to the second division. Celta B are in the same bracket.

Today, Barça plays Celta in La Liga. If we beat them, they might get relegated (currently 1 point above the drop).

If they get relegated, Celta B can't get promoted. If Barça B and Celta B meet in the final (and currently they are both leading their ties), Barça B gets automatically promoted.

I have always been of the opinion that B teams should be capped at two divisions below the main team.

I don't get the B team thing. I don't know an awful lot about Spanish football beyond La Liga. Is it just a case of there not been enough quality clubs lower down?

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Pretty much. Like I said, football isn't as simple as "we're not scoring goals, we need a better striker". 

I disagree. I think sometimes it doesn't work out, but generally it is that simple. A top striker massively improves us. 

Hello Newcastle,

68 years ago Newcastle broke my 6 year old's heart defeating City 3-1 in the Cup Final, my first ever football match, too.  Jackie bloody Milburn started it in the first minute.  Today Ilkay bloody Gundogan says move over Jackie, your record's gone, 12 seconds.  Up to you next year now, Saint-Maximin.  

1 minute ago, Sky Blue said:

Hello Newcastle,

68 years ago Newcastle broke my 6 year old's heart defeating City 3-1 in the Cup Final, my first ever football match, too.  Jackie bloody Milburn started it in the first minute.  Today Ilkay bloody Gundogan says move over Jackie, your record's gone, 12 seconds.  Up to you next year now, Saint-Maximin.  

patridge-alan.gif

3 minutes ago, Sky Blue said:

Hello Newcastle,

Hope you're enjoying the ride. Good luck next week!

https://twitter.com/RBLeipzig/status/1665036692338647040

Wor Dom starts for Leipzig in their German Cup final against Frankfurt. Apparently they weren't happy with him for giving an interview to the Hungarian press about his future, so thought his place might have been in doubt, but defo more interested in the match now.

Viaplay Xtra (free to air) at 6.55 (7pm KO). 

Edited by Paullow

3 minutes ago, Paullow said:

https://twitter.com/RBLeipzig/status/1665036692338647040

Wor Dom starts for Leipzig. Apparently they weren't happy with him for giving an interview to the Hungarian press about his future, so thought his place might have been in doubt, but defo more interested in the match now.

Viaplay Xtra (free to air) at 6.55 (7pm KO). 

Cheers for that, was looking for another match to watch. Worth watching our potential new man.

12 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I disagree. I think sometimes it doesn't work out, but generally it is that simple. A top striker massively improves us. 

Of course a striker improves you, otherwise any transfer is redundant, but it's also not as simple as saying Kane replaces Weghorst, therefor 30 more goals next season and 15 points. For a start, Weghorst has barely played :lol: Rashford won't score as many goals next season, as he'll be expected to put more balls into Kane rather than go for goal himself, and his position will be different from where he has played this season.

Better strikers = Moar goals is proper PFM thinking

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Of course a striker improves you, otherwise any transfer is redundant, but it's also not as simple as saying Kane replaces Weghorst, therefor 30 more goals next season and 15 points. For a start, Weghorst has barely played :lol: Rashford won't score as many goals next season, as he'll be expected to put more balls into Kane rather than go for goal himself, and his position will be different from where he has played this season.

Better strikers = Moar goals is proper PFM thinking

Weghorst started like 18 of his first 19 games for us. :lol: he has 30 apps since January. He has played loads. 

38 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Think it was cloughie that said “football is a simple game made complicated by idiots”*

*i may have made that quote up but I love it.