Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Aye it's coming together. Once Martial the statue came off for Hojlund we looked far better as well. We'll be fine. Arsenal very lucky to win that. Draw fair result IMO. 

You can see the plan and it largely worked.  Arsenal finally capitalised from a set piece to win it. 

Conceding the equaliser was the biggest  error.  Less than a minute is pathetic.  

I hope Eddie was watching how Man U setup off the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Aye it's coming together. Once Martial the statue came off for Hojlund we looked far better as well. We'll be fine. Arsenal very lucky to win that. Draw fair result IMO. 

Tbh you were forced back a lot, couldn't press and Saka missed a great chance..

If just waiting for counters is "Ten Hag way" then perhaps it's ok..

That was a fun watch, both teams where slightly off it, but that's what creates great games imo.

Would say Arsenal just about edged it, but Man United had decent spells themselves, and feels a harsh score line especially as they probably had the better of the second half, can see how things are going to work with Hojland too.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Who did you have? 

Man, I wanted Arsenal to win.

I know some Man Utd fans that have been running their mouths about Newcastle. 

They are about to have a terrible evening.

Just now, OCK said:

Man U's plan: Everyone behind the ball then hit it into the flank for Rashford. I applaud this throwback to 1990s Man U, and the clear ode to Andrei Kanchelskis. 

Not really. They man marked the danger men. Including a zonal man marking of Saka by a CB which meant the defender came deep into midfield at times. It meant Arsenal couldn’t play through Man U and struggled to create good chances apart from the first goal. 

Going forward they didn’t offer much aye. Which is why I could watch their defensive shape so much.  But I liked how quickly they switched it. 

Arsenal are a good team playing at home. You can largely defend well and concede 3.  That Garnacho goal stands and it’s a different story.  But the actual approach was a good one that made sense and achieved a lot of its objectives. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Man, I wanted Arsenal to win.

I know some Man Utd fans that have been running their mouths about Newcastle. 

They are about to have a terrible evening.

No I mean which commentators did you have? I thought Dury was canny and so was Neville trying so hard to be impartial.