Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

If we played Brighton now it would be different game. If Villa played us now they'd be a tougher nut to crack too. That's what form is all about.

For me Villa look a much tougher side than Brighton and much less likely to be inconsistent.

Adam Armstrong seemingly another player in the long line of "Too good for the Championship, not good enough for the Premier League". Top scorer now, and has scored a couple of lovely goals this afternoon against a good Leeds side.

18 minutes ago, toon25 said:

We didn't half drop a bollocks against these.

We played into their hands really. Pressing high needs 100% buy in otherwise you just leave loads of space in behind if they beat your press. I think we were caught between two stools, neither a high press or a low block. It was a confused mish mash really.

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

That's the kind of call that is so 50/50 there's utterly no point relying on VAR imo. 

It would've been offside if the player was past the second to last opponent, the ball clearly came off of Pedros foot. But then you could argue that it should've been a penalty. Maybe they would've made it a pen instead.

Edited by Erikse

9 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Joao Pedro is such a silky player. Missed a trick there I think last summer us. 

I was gutted when we didn't sign him, but can't really argue against going for Isak instead.