Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, Cf said:

I guess the issue is that by the time you've spent a minute reviewing the footage you want the right decision to be made irrespective of what the on field call was. 

In this instance wouldn't take much for the VAR to just go "bit soft this one, they've got hold of each other and Haaland pulls him to get in front in the first place. Go and have a quick look to see if you want to stick to your decision or not". 

Clear and obvious though innit. If the ref's given it leave it alone.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Signs Chelsea starting to click under Poch ?

Thought they looked good preseason and most games this season. Just lacked a killer touch in many games. This one no different.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Clear and obvious though innit. If the ref's given it leave it alone.

It's the fact they spent a minute reviewing the footage. And clear and obvious being so subjective.

Don't get me wrong I'd happily bin the whole thing. 

3 minutes ago, Cf said:

It's the fact they spent a minute reviewing the footage. And clear and obvious being so subjective.

Don't get me wrong I'd happily bin the whole thing. 

Didn't seem a daft amount of time to me, mind. They were only checking whether Doku fouled in the lead up I think. 

43 minutes ago, midds said:

Why can't the ref have the option of having another look at it? Why can't the ref say "I think it's a pen but I'm coming over for another look to check" then he either gives it or corrects himself. 

The thing that pisses me off is that VAR was introduced to stop things like this happening, so I was under the vain assumption that when introduced there would be some creditable person at the other end and we'd have some product like what you see in the Rugby.

But those in power have decided otherwise and we are left with this shit to put up with.