Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, brummie said:

Decent performance from us today.

Great first half, hit 3-0, saw the game out without running around energetically too much.

13 home league games won in a row, and this in a side missing four of its best players. The bloke is working wonders.

Man City next home game, mind.

Fancy you against spurs in 2 weeks, they have Maddison, Romero, Van de Ven and Bissouma missing.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Do you like any main commentator under 60?

Yeah, there are some quality commentators about. The reason I listed those commentators is because they're all known for their use of language. Drury's obviously been around for years himself as well, I've always had this opinion on him. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

And yet Barry Davies, Brian Moore, Kenneth Wolstenholme, Bryon Butler and even Ray Hudson all have fan clubs on here.

It's nothing complicated, where they're all articulate and skilled wordsmiths in their own way, Drury just spits out non-sequiturs and literations that in terms of actual substance amount to meaningless, blabbering crap and come across as forced, inauthentic, and pretentious. The people who seem to think he's some sort of profound orator (himself included) are idiots. 

Barry Davies was easily the best of the commentators. Knowledgeable, knew when to shut the fuck up, and had a great line in joyous commentary on goals without the staged histrionics of Drury and his peer group.

He hardly ever got the biggest matches, either, as the Beeb for some reason preferred Motson.

Honestly, there's so much more joy and admiration in things like his "Look at his face! Just look at his face!" re Franny Lee than there is in most modern commentators.

His entire life after that, I associated Francis Lee with "Look at his face!". I could listen to that on loop.

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

And yet Barry Davies, Brian Moore, Kenneth Wolstenholme, Bryon Butler and even Ray Hudson all have fan clubs on here.

It's nothing complicated, where they're all articulate and skilled wordsmiths in their own way, Drury just spits out non-sequiturs and literations that in terms of actual substance amount to meaningless, blabbering crap and come across as forced, inauthentic, and pretentious. The people who seem to think he's some sort of profound orator (himself included) are idiots. 

Drury is blatantly in it for the compilations. Ray Hudson says the absolute dumbest shit ever but he's so fucking in love with the game it's enduring.

52 minutes ago, catlover24 said:

You haven’t seen our 4-4 vs Arsenal?

I was excluding games where I had a prior emotional commitment (ie The Toon, England)

For thrills, spills and all round entertainment, that just beats the lot. 

PS - 32 shots, 19 on target. My case rests.

Edited by Cronky

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

Decent performance from us today.

Great first half, hit 3-0, saw the game out without running around energetically too much.

13 home league games won in a row, and this in a side missing four of its best players. The bloke is working wonders.

Man City next home game, mind.

Coming on here with that sort of insensitive talk will have you getting a clip round the lug

This is not the time for it, we're traumatised right now

We'll be lucky if we have 4 fit players left to pull on a shirt by early December

44 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Great game. I've never rated Gallagher but it seems that Poch is getting the best out of him. Don't know why Man City persist with Grealish though 

Give him time and patience, Poch will fix the mess that is Chelsea squad.