Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, BullyDogs said:

If thats not a pen and it came off his head and went out how the fuck is it a drop ball and not a corner??

Technically play stops when it hits his head as Pawson thought it was a pen. :lol:

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

No but VAR recommended a drop ball to the referee, rather than a corner to Brighton  despite it already going out of play.

That's just how the rules are, play is dead as Pawson thought it was a pen and VAR can't give Brighton the corner.

Happy enough with those 2pm. Wasn't sure what I wanted in the Chelsea match (home or draw), but a Brighton away win would have been by far the worst, so that's fine. Shame Villa got a late draw, but at least it's not another win for them, especially given how strong they are at home. Not massively concerned with West Ham, but if they won it would have been 3 wins in a row and back to within 3 points of us, so them dropping points at home to an obvious non threat is never a bad thing - it also means we can more hope they get something against Spurs in midweek (if that makes sense).

Shame Liverpool won, but as I say, I don't think they're a massive direct rival to us this season - it's more Villa, Spurs, Man Utd, Brighton, maybe Chelsea, and to a lesser extent West Ham. Finish above at least 5 of those teams and we'll have more than met our objectives for this season.

Hopefully a routine win for City here, and 4 defeats in a row for Spurs.

Edited by Paullow

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Think stylistically Spurs are perfect for City. It could get messy.

Aye this is my hope. If they’re a yard off in midfield pressing the passers it could get messy. Sort of game KdB would own.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

You reckon? They played it with 9 men. :lol:

Think they'll do it and look decent tbh. Dunno about winning or not coming unstuck mind.

Just think bit of psychology from Postecoglou before the game, I’d be amazed if they did it today.