Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, Froggy said:

I respect Newcastle. There's a big difference. :lol:

No but Newcastle's like a second team to you. I remember you in Shane ONeils steaming years ago with tears in your eyes telling me you'd a soft spot for Newcastle, then I sent you a link to the forum and the rest is history. The soft spot matured. 

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

I'm not so sure, something's off with them this season.

I think they'll just do what they normally do and end the season munching their way through every opponent like PacMan eating dots.

10 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Hate to say it but Champions do that, they find a way.

Not to completely kill the romance but Its just football and teams score stoppage time winners and equalisers every week.

We've all done it plenty without winning any titles.

Sheffield United found a way to beat Wolves deep into stoppage time. Can't get less Champions material than that

Worth pointing out that since we beat them the fixture list has been pretty kind to Arsenal, obviously you still need to win those games and they have done. Brentford probably their toughest game and that was a spawny last minute job too.

Next three should establish their title credentials a little better. Villa, Brighton and Liverpool. 

10 minutes ago, rickyprickles said:

I feel like the “results you need to win the PL” are the scrappy, boring 1-0s not conceding 3 goals to Luton and scoring a last minute winner. Arsenal did this a load of times last season then ran out of steam at the end. 

Exacatly. The fact that there's a desperate last gasp push for a goal means something has been off with the previous 96minutes.

Were just ignoring that to focus on the exceptional 30seconds.

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Not to completely kill the romance but Its just football and teams score stoppage time winners and equalisers every week.

Sheffield United found a way to beat Wolves deep into stoppage time. Can't get less Champions material than that

Hey if Leicester can do it... 🤣

Definitely feels like the massive expansion of ET has primarily benefited the bigger clubs. Whole lot of these game-winning/game-tying goals happening at 90+7’, 90+8’.

Edited by Deuce

23 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I was making a general point that champions find a way, i wasn't  stating they would win it out of any romance, i cant stand them.  And as KI pointed out, they're very unlikely to with the GK's they have.  And yet, they are 5 points ahead to be fair, so it's not out of the realms of fantasy for them to do it.

Still think Man City myself, once KDB is back, hopefully as that leaves Liverpool and that really would make us throw up.