Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, Cf said:

Very harsh penalty that. One of those where do they just assume defenders shouldn't have arms?

Aye. They always seem harsh. But I suppose if it is stopping the ball going in. Which I’m guessing that one was on first glance. Then they will almost always give it. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Personally though it was a penalty. It's hit hard, but his arm is in an unnatural position and blocking a shot at goal.

Is it even possible to fall naturally without your arms going up though? He was trying to block the shot with his body by going low and with that his arm was raised, but not in an unnatural position at all I don’t think 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Personally though it was a penalty. It's hit hard, but his arm is in an unnatural position and blocking a shot at goal.

One replay shows that the kick was heading to the crowd. Incredibly harsh decision IMO.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They're shite, had a run of results out of keeping with the last 3-4 years or so. They should be fine but you wouldn't be surprised if Everton lost 5-6 games in a row. 

They are seventh in expected points without the deduction, ahead of Spurs, Brighton, Man U and West Ham. Hardly shite IMO considering where they’ve been for the past few seasons.