Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Seen Villa fans on Twitter saying it’s because they’ve got so many injuries. So same as us but we’ve had it for the whole season. As an aside it’s kind of crazy to see us and Villa (two champ teams in quite recent memory) battling it out for for CL and EL spots.

18 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

They keep referencing the Villa game from the weekend as if Sheffield United are the most forceful team in the Prem, they've won twice all season for crying out loud [emoji38]

Obviously had to be Dixon. Guy needs to be put out of his misery.

2 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Don't want Villa's season falling apart too much. We're clearly out of contention for CL, so would rather Villa get a place.

Hmm not sure. Someone like Man U will always be a threat to the top 4-5 whether they're shit this season or not. If Villa fail to reach the CL then it hampers their development a bit.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I see quite a few posts saying now we aren’t getting in they hope Villa do it 😂 

1 minute ago, Stuy_O said:

tbf id rather Villa get in than Spurs and that dick Levy. 

I want us in there. Fuck any other team. 

7 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I want us in there. Fuck any other team. 

Rather us win the league if we are being that picky. 😜

Differing emotions in my home with myself elated and Congolese wife devastated. Hard lines for her. :lol: Losing to South Africa was just unacceptable with all of the rubbish these people were talking. I am proud of these boys anyway; the football is honestly fairly poor, but they are resolute and Osimhen especially is a warrior on the pitch. They will need those qualities against CIV on Sunday. It will be very difficult in that environment. Cannot wait for that match.

3 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Qatar getting to a second consecutive Asian Cup final, will be favourites to win again against Jordan too (who knocked out Korea).

Asian football is bizarre, they looked so shit at the World Cup.

I've been watching some Asian Cup since AFCON has me in the mood for international ball, and the Asian Cup has been class. Shock after shock and the football is not bad at all. Teams like Jordan, Tajikistan, and even Palestine have really impressed, the game are of decent standard. No idea why these same sides are useless in WC qualifying.

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

28 minutes ago, Stuy_O said:

tbf id rather Villa get in than Spurs and that dick Levy. 

villa’s owners are dicks too.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12867910/christian-purslow-premier-league-should-investigate-newcastle-ownership

always hated villa from this moment in 2009 

0_Soccer-Barclays-Premier-League-Aston-V

it maybe petty but i still don’t like them & probably never will in my lifetime.

p.s. brummie is a top poster on this forum & I like his take on things. 

Edited by Playmaker

1 hour ago, Joelinton7 said:

Seen Villa fans on Twitter saying it’s because they’ve got so many injuries. So same as us but we’ve had it for the whole season. As an aside it’s kind of crazy to see us and Villa (two champ teams in quite recent memory) battling it out for for CL and EL spots.

They had 2-3 long term injuries early in the season, TBF. A couple of season enders. 

But looking at their squad and the players they are picking. They look a lot stronger than some of the sides we have put out this season. 

8 minutes ago, Playmaker said:

villa’s owners are dicks too.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12867910/christian-purslow-premier-league-should-investigate-newcastle-ownership

always hate villa form this moment in 2009 

0_Soccer-Barclays-Premier-League-Aston-V

it maybe petty but i still don’t like them & probably never will in my lifetime.

p.s. brummie is a top poster on this forum & I like his take on things. 

I’ve no time for Villa either or their attitude towards us, (although quite enjoy the rivalry we have sorta have with them). So yeh I much preferred it when they were being Bruced to oblivion in the Championship. 

But I can’t stand Spurs like. This forum has been awash with complaints about the cartel and they are at the heart of it. You just know Levy is spearheading every single attempt to derail our progression and get us back to what we were under Ashley, so if it’s a pick between the two then yes I’m picking Villa.