Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Joe1984 said:

Leipzig made it 2-1 on aggregate 2 mins after that goal.

Yeah, I started on City, that was over sharpish, moved to Real until they started annoying me :lol:

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah, I started on City, that was over sharpish, moved to Real until they started annoying me :lol:

Leipzig just hit the bar! So close!

53 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Stupid question, but is this season’s change in timekeeping (extra minutes added on) only in the Premier League/Football League? Can‘t remember.

The Premier League changes really show up how much timewasting or dead time there is in the Champions League. 

Championship relegation fight is mad. Sheff Wed play Leeds at home on Friday night, and if they win they will go from 23rd to 16th - potentially jumping 7 places with one win after 37 games played is crazy.

Thought I'd see how Vardy is getting on since he scored the other night.

Clearly limiting his game time given he's 37, but 12 starts, 14 sub apps, 11 goals. 

One of my favourite non-NUFC players of all time.

15 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Have no time at all for the mythologising of Man Utd’s away support, and maybe I’m missing something like a simpleton, but I have no doubt that their section was full on Sunday.

Nope. There was pockets of empty seats. 

5 minutes ago, Mase said:

Nope. There was pockets of empty seats. 

Wouldn’t that just be folk clustering together with mates, rather than actually not being there?

Given the way they allocate away tickets I don’t think there’s any real benefit to getting a ticket and not attending?

53 minutes ago, SteV said:

Wouldn’t that just be folk clustering together with mates, rather than actually not being there?

Given the way they allocate away tickets I don’t think there’s any real benefit to getting a ticket and not attending?

not a clue. It’s not uncommon. The other season there was rows of empty seats in their end 

Bit of a pain the two watchable ties tonight clash so not sure which to put on early doors. No shock that LFCTV1 have chosen the shittest game as their main one for a good old Kloppfest

Brighton 1 down. Scousers 1 up.

I see some fairly well know Twitter Brighton fan got his arse slashed last night n all.

Hope Brighton get dumped out, so am pleased by that scoreline. Football is officially knackered if that scoreline is reversed. West Ham n Villa can fuck off n'all. 

Need Leverkusen to sort it out so Alonso beats Liverpool in the final and they then don't appoint him. Not cos I think he'd be a good Liverpool manager, just cos it'd be a funny conclusion to the whole saga. 

Do we want an extra CL place in the PL? Knowing we won’t get it? What knock on effect does having an extra CL place mean for 6th, 7th, 8th (excluding cups)

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Do we want an extra CL place in the PL? Knowing we won’t get it? What knock on effect does having an extra CL place mean for 6th, 7th, 8th (excluding cups)

If it means we get in then yes but if we don’t then no as seeing someone who comes 5th miss out would be amusing.

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It pushes European positions down. Eg 6th Europa and possibly 7th depending on Fa cup winner.  

we want that extra spot.