Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

5 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Feels like I made the wrong choice watching this Leeds-Sunderland match over either CL match.

I mean... what did you expect? [emoji38]

Could still easily see PL VAR giving a pen for that.

Was really impressed by the French ref in Madrid too, hope he gets more games.

Excellent refereeing that like, 99% of refs would've made the easy call to just give the home team a penalty there 

Just now, Pata said:

It has been a pretty good advert of CL football tbh. 

No denying the sensational quality on display, just grimace at the "oh yeah, the Champions League :fwap:" fart-sniffery. 

Not quite as bad as when Sam Matterface said "ITV - always great drama" during a match a few years back. :lol:

Why can't premiership refs do this?  He threw his leg into the keeper, but that would be a pen every day in the premiership.  Like Elliotts pen vs man utd, he initiated the contact

Just now, Yorkie said:

No denying the sensational quality on display, just grimace at the "oh yeah, the Champions League :fwap:" fart-sniffery. 

Not quite as bad as when Sam Matterface said "ITV - always great drama" during a match a few years back. :lol:

:thup: Fair enough, don't think I've ever watched a CL match with UK commentary so have no idea how irritating they can be.

Just now, 1964 said:

Why can't premiership refs do this?  He threw his leg into the keeper, but that would be a pen every day in the premiership.  Like Elliotts pen vs man utd, he initiated the contact

Officiating in Euro games is such a wild card, you can either get terrible handball ultras or really really good refs you've never heard of before.